Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game #6 | Canucks 0 at Oilers 6: See you Saturday

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I'm predicting a top line of Eriksson-Pettersson-Boeser

Love

Feb 29, 2012
On another note regarding Eriksson:

Has there ever been another Canucks player who's been more anonymous than him? I know we complain about his contract a lot so it gets a lot of attention, but who's ever seen this guy in an interview? I don't even know what his voice sounds like. The media never asks about Eriksson post game. In "behind the scenes" videos done by the Canucks he is never featured or rarely seen.

Maybe it's just me? Idk he's the one guy where sometimes I find myself thinking, "Oh yeah, he's on the team."

Reactions: Peen

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta

Has there ever been another Canucks player who's been more anonymous than him? I know we complain about his contract a lot so it gets a lot of attention, but who's ever seen this guy in an interview? I don't even know what his voice sounds like. The media never asks about Eriksson post game. In "behind the scenes" videos done by the Canucks he is never featured or rarely seen.

Maybe it's just me? Idk he's the one guy where sometimes I find myself thinking, "Oh yeah, he's on the team."

Media has talked about it. Apparently he goes out a side door or something.

Reactions: Zombotron

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Hutton probably playing based off the fact canucks released video of him playing round-the-world

Actually excited to watch Hutton, he and Stetcher have been the best defenseman in pre-season.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia

It's much less noticeable now since he's one of our best players but when we were good I always got similar vibes from Edler.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Two games left. I'd think green has his full lineup minus Roussel in one of the two.

Fridge's last game tonight I assume.

Gaunce has had a poor preseason, and maybe he actually is bad, but I think Green likes him as a player and won't be cutting him. At the very least he'll be #13.

So lots of AHL guys still up or are those turds your regular season roster?

This isn't a one or the other situation for us.

Reactions: Pip

member 290103

People have to stop being so up in arms about the team being shit. We knew it was going to be shit. It will always be shit as long as Jim Benning is here. Beagle? Sutter? Gudbranson? Gagner? Del Zotto? It's one shitty veteran contract after another.

In actual fact, people should be jovial, really. This sittier the team is, the better.....that will prompt Aqua to get his head out of his ass and install a proper GM.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
People have to stop being so up in arms about the team being ****. We knew it was going to be ****. It will always be **** as long as Jim Benning is here. Beagle? Sutter? Gudbranson? Gagner? Del Zotto? It's one ****ty veteran contract after another.

In actual fact, people should be jovial, really. This sittier the team is, the better.....that will prompt Aqua to get his head out of his ass and install a proper GM.

So we shouldn't be upset about this team being shit because we expected it? It didn't need to be this way. We're mad as hell and we're not gonna take it

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
I haven't been impressed by Goldobin. Not that there's anyone better to slot in his spot, but he just looks very meh. He obviously has skill, you see flashes of it, but nothing overly impressive or impactful.

I have been impressed by Motte.

I'm wondering if OJ may make this team because as hard as I've been on him, it's not like Pouliot or really any other bubble guys have looked good besides Hutton. I mean, Pouliot has actually looked horrendous.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
May be in the minority here but pretty pumped for puck drop.

I wonder if The Alien can break the internet again?

Excited to see if Hutton can continue his strong play.

Screw The Oilers.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011

It makes sense though. Why would you want attention when you suck. It's like if you do something embarassing in school. All you wanna do is hide.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
People have to stop being so up in arms about the team being ****. We knew it was going to be ****. It will always be **** as long as Jim Benning is here. Beagle? Sutter? Gudbranson? Gagner? Del Zotto? It's one ****ty veteran contract after another.

I agree. Why, when everyone has known this for months, are some now worried that the team will be bad? It is odd, hearing the concern expressed by many reporters and a few posters: where are the goals going to come from? how could they bring back the same eight d? what will they do if Markstrom and Nilsson run into difficulty?

The only concerns should be managing assets and developing the youth, and I'm very worried that both of those will be botched.

The only ones who should be concerned about wins are the few who thought that the free agent signings, along with implausibly spectacular leaps in play by a handful of vets, were going to make the team competitive.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I haven't been impressed by Goldobin. Not that there's anyone better to slot in his spot, but he just looks very meh. He obviously has skill, you see flashes of it, but nothing overly impressive or impactful.

I have been impressed by Motte.

I'm wondering if OJ may make this team because as hard as I've been on him, it's not like Pouliot or really any other bubble guys have looked good besides Hutton. I mean, Pouliot has actually looked horrendous.
I'd rather OJ get to make his mistakes away from the Vancouver pressure. Learn in a place where they are more forgiving.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
I'd rather OJ get to make his mistakes away from the Vancouver pressure. Learn in a place where they are more forgiving.
Agreed, I don't think he's ready. I think he should start in the AHL. But this team's defense is just awful, and Pouliot is a steaming pile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->