75 - Troy Loggins
78 - Gregor MacLeod
90 - Joe Veleno

Preseason Game Preview: Islanders vs Red Wings
This looks like decision game

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Solarion

Jul 27, 2018
Cholowski needs to bring his A game. Bowey just had a monster game, and Hronek has clearly passed him on the depth chart at this point. Nothing personal against Brian, but I'd like to see Dennis be the clear option for first call up over Lashoff.

I thought Veleno had a solid game vs the Pens...will be interesting to see if he can keep it going tonight. Also interested to see how Zadina, Svech, and Smith perform. For me, at least, those are the guys with the most to prove at this point.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
There are people on that list I have never heard of before.
Loggins and MacLeod?
Loggins was an AHL signing after last NCAA season and MacLeod played with Veleno last year.

Gustav Windstrom is probably Gustav Lindstrom.

Edit: Oh and CEDA was an AHL offseason signing.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Loggins and MacLeod?
Loggins was an AHL signing after last NCAA season and MacLeod played with Veleno last year.

Gustav Windstrom is probably Gustav Lindstrom.
GOALTENDERS:
60 - Pat Nagle

DEFENSEMEN:

28 - Gustav Windstrom (typo I know, the 'L' and 'W' are no where near each other, rookie mistake)
86 - Charle-Edouard D'Astous

FORWARDS:

75 - Troy Loggins
78 - Gregor MacLeod

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
GOALTENDERS:
60 - Pat Nagle

DEFENSEMEN:

28 - Gustav Windstrom (typo I know, the 'L' and 'W' are no where near each other, rookie mistake)
86 - Charle-Edouard D'Astous

FORWARDS:

75 - Troy Loggins
78 - Gregor MacLeod
Pat Nagle has been at ECHL Toledo Walleye the past 2 years.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Watch MacLeod score.... there's something about that kid.

Also, I want Loggins to stay on the roster until the next home game, so they can play Danger Zone at LCA when he scores.

Seriously though, the lineup certainly looks like a tryout for the one spot each on D and F (or pressbox).

Reactions: RedMenace

griffs

Sep 17, 2012
Grand Rapids, Mi
I feel bad for anyone paying to see this lineup. I thought the NHL had preseason rules on rosters that forced teams to dress so many NHL regulars. I have to imagine that the Red Wings would have a hard time hitting that with this lineup.

EDIT: The only thing I could find was this article from 2013 which may or may not still be relevant. FYI: The Vet Minimum Rule for NHL Preseason Games.

Based on that Howard, Pickard, Cholowski, Lashoff (100 career games), Bowey, Terry, Ehn, Rasmussen, and De la Rose would all count so I guess they are 1 over the minimum.

Richard Moistmaker

May 9, 2018
I feel bad for anyone paying to see this lineup. I thought the NHL had preseason rules on rosters that forced teams to dress so many NHL regulars. I have to imagine that the Red Wings would have a hard time hitting that with this lineup.

EDIT: The only thing I could find was this article from 2013 which may or may not still be relevant. FYI: The Vet Minimum Rule for NHL Preseason Games.

Based on that Howard, Pickard, Cholowski, Lashoff (100 career games), Bowey, Terry, Ehn, Rasmussen, and De la Rose would all count so I guess they are 1 over the minimum.
I rather see this lineup then our normal lineup...

Solarion

Jul 27, 2018
Agreed. It's a road pre-season game for the Wings. Nothing wrong with putting some guys in there that are fighting for time with the big club. Kaski, Smith, Veleno, Zadina, Mac Leod, etc...let's see what these kids can do when given some ice. Already know what the Wings have in guys like De la rose and Lashoff.

Reactions: Konnan511

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Agreed. It's a road pre-season game for the Wings. Nothing wrong with putting some guys in there that are fighting for time with the big club. Kaski, Smith, Veleno, Zadina, Mac Leod, etc...let's see what these kids can do when given some ice. Already know what the Wings have in guys like De la rose and Lashoff.
I like MacLeod (see prior comment), but he's a GR signing as is Loggins and CEDA. You'd think the Wings would prioritize their own players, and not AHL players.

Unless of course they're actually considering signing MacLeod. I don't see a need for Loggins or CEDA though, considering the number of prospects that the Wings already have.

Solarion

Jul 27, 2018
lol @ those top two forward lines. Delighted to see Veleno and Ras getting a crack at top centering roles though. Hope they don't fall on their faces.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->