GDT: Preseason Game 4 WINGS vs pens 5:00 et (FSD, NHLN)

lgrwmike

Dec 28, 2007
Deerfield Beach, FL
EFEf7IBXkAAv_ql

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Penguins aren't playing their top players, Red Wings playing top line. I hope the BLM line gets limited time, would hate to see one of them get injured by a scrub player.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tomorrow's lineup vs. Detroit:

Forwards:
Simon
Tanev
Rust
McCann
Agozzino
Legare
Lafferty
Aston-Reese
Blueger
Di Pauli
Haggerty
Angello

Defensemen:
Johnson
Marino
Dumoulin
Riikola
Joseph
Almari

Goaltenders:
DeSmith
Jarry

Bottom sixers and Wilkes-Barre guys mostly.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Wonder if Veleno/Seider are in
They're projected to play. Blash might change things up since the Pens are playing scrubs though:

Forwards: Tyler Bertuzzi, Christoper Ehn, Adam Erne, Matt Ford, Taro Hirose, Ryan Kuffner, Dylan Larkin, Anthony Mantha, Michael Rasmussen, Givani Smith, Joe Veleno, Filip Zadina
Defensemen: Madison Bowey, Dennis Cholowski, Oliwar Kaski, Dylan McIlrath, Villi Saarijarvi, Mortiz Seider
Goalteners: Jonathan Bernier, Filip Larsson

I don't see any reason to play the top line against AHLers...

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The forwards are relatively stacked but we got the AHL D out there, excited to see Seider in a #1 type role tonight.

Reactions: Konnan511

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The same reason everyone else is playing preseason games. Getting reps.
I'll pass on having the best player on the team killing penalties pre-season. He doesn't need to practice against scrubs.

Apparently, Seider on the wrong side with Bowey seems to be the pairing for tonight.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'll pass on having the best player on the team killing penalties pre-season. He doesn't need to practice against scrubs.

Apparently, Seider on the wrong side with Bowey seems to be the pairing for tonight.

They have 5 right handed guys playing tonight.

We will have tweaked things on the penalty kill, he needs to get reps there. You cannot bubble wrap guys, they have to get some reps.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I will bubble wrap whoever I want, don't tell me what to do.

Well you're not the coach, but that would be the reason. Now I don't want Larkin diving around blocking shots and my guess is he won't in a pre-season game. But he does need to be comfortable with whatever changes we have made between today and Nashville. My guess is he plays another game against St. Louis and Toronto, not sure they even put Larkin in a fourth game with the heel issues. So these are important reps in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad