GDT: Preseason Game 4: Pens vs. Red Wings @ 5:00pm EST (NHL Network) 9/22/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Put Laff w/ Legare again. Those 2 were beast mode.

Orrrr try a 4th line w/ Laff/Simon/Blueg. See if they click.

Reactions: BHD

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You forgot Legare getting the call again too.

Oh for sure but I 100% think he's going to juniors. I think the Pens know EXACTLY what they have in that gem. I actually think if he delivers next camp, too, then they have a serious decision on their hands. I think the decision this year is too easy. He's going back.

But hot damn I would love to see @Malkinstheman offseason prospect rankings re-done already and we just finished up a month ago. Legare got 6th. Poulin got #1. I think Legare shoots all the way up to #1 at this point. Marino was 18 as we had no clue what to expect. And he probably shoots up to top 5, if not #2/3. It is insane how fast things turn.

Prospect Info: - Penguins #20 Prospect

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Oh for sure but I 100% think he's going to juniors. I think the Pens know EXACTLY what they have in that gem. I actually think if he delivers next camp, too, then they have a serious decision on their hands. I think the decision this year is too easy. He's going back.

But hot damn I would love to see @Malkinstheman offseason prospect rankings re-done already and we just finished up a month ago. Legare got 6th. Poulin got #1. I think Legare shoots all the way up to #1 at this point. Marino was 18 as we had no clue what to expect. And he probably shoots up to top 5, if not #2/3. It is insane how fast things turn.

Prospect Info: - Penguins #20 Prospect

Crazy....Our top 6 now would be some combination of Legare, Marino, Poulin, POJ, Addison and Lafferty...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Wish I could watch this game...will have to catch the highlights later...hope the prospects impress...

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Crazy....Our top 6 now would be some combination of Legare, Marino, Poulin, POJ, Addison and Lafferty...

I absolutely LOVE following it and was happy @Malkinstheman did it. And i love following year to year to see who goes up/down. It's so weird. It's a little luck, a little skill, and just the right moment. The Marino story is just a perfect example of this.

It's also hilarious to go back and review, too.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I absolutely LOVE following it and was happy @Malkinstheman did it. And i love following year to year to see who goes up/down. It's so weird. It's a little luck, a little skill, and just the right moment. The Marino story is just a perfect example of this.

It's also hilarious to go back and review, too.

Like, I still don't get the Almari hype.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think most people view the prospect ratings as the players most likely to make an immediate impact.

I think most people view the prospect ratings as the players with the highest upside.

:laugh:

There's a real mix. Maybe there should be a poll for people to list how they voted

But, anyhoo, this is almaris moment of truth. Solid number 7 guy in the liiga which is nothing but decent number of signs the org loves him. This season says which is true.

And I think people changing their minds on Poulin over legare might be wrong. But who knows. The vote would be different if held now but I like that it's held then. Better moment to take a snapshot of.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Like @pixiesfanyo implied earlier in the thread (and I say this scenario after Sid and Malkin retire) if all our prospects end up to be solid bottom pair, bottom 6 and all signed to good deals, it should allow us to have cap space to entice FA to come here and for us to stay competitive for years to come. Being optimistic here.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Like @pixiesfanyo implied earlier in the thread (and I say this scenario after Sid and Malkin retire) if all our prospects end up to be solid bottom pair, bottom 6 and all signed to good deals, it should allow us to have cap space to entice FA to come here and for us to stay competitive for years to come. Being optimistic here.

If a team like San Jose can lose Nabokov, Ehrhoff, Pavelski, Marleau, Heatley, Coyle, etc. and still be a consistent contender there is no reason this team can’t as Crosby, Letang and Malkin enter their twilight years. Guentzel, Murray, Dumoulin like Vlasic, Couts and Hertl need to step up, but it certainly is not unreasonable.

Also, Sid is going to be an effective player no matter where he plays. Maybe you sign a big time UFA center that slots Sid as 2C in the Bergeron role and Malkin takes the Krejci role.

Look at Chicago. Two bad years and they are already filled with prospects and ready to compete again.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
No full lineup out for DET but know thier top line:

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha will be playing.
Probably some of Hirose, Hronek, Veleno, Zadina and Seider too.
Bernier in goal from what i heard.
AA and Abdelkader are nursing injuries and won't play.

No clue what they are gonna do with the D with only 1 righty goin' but i hope...
Dumo plays with Marino, P-O or Riiko.

Feel bad for Almari but he's who i'd slot with JJ on the 3rd pair.
Let Dumo/Marino/P-O and Riiko play top 4.
If they don't do that please saddle Dumo or Riiko with JJ and let the rookies do their thing.

Last edited:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Who hasn't played yet - Sid/Dumo/Letang, right? I'm not missing anyone, right?>

I'm assuming Game 5 will be Sid and co. The last one will be the full lineup in a nice little dress rehearsal.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Who hasn't played yet - Sid/Dumo/Letang, right? I'm not missing anyone, right?>

I'm assuming Game 5 will be Sid and co. The last one will be the full lineup in a nice little dress rehearsal.

Out of the NHL guys, yeah, that’s all. A random AHL player might not have (Trotman?) and Almeida hasn’t because of his shoulder.

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->