GDT: Preseason game #4 NJ Devils @ NY Isles Sept 20 7PM | W 2-0

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
If he re-signs long term he’s probably the next captain.
I would agree.

I always think back to that special forces camp he attended and all the SF guys singled him out as a natural leader and hardest worker comparing his character and work ethic to Crosby.

Operation Sledgehammer

“If Anders Lee decides to give up hockey, he should join the military Special Forces,” said Spisso, who trained Crosby during his rookie season in Pittsburgh and again the following year when the Penguins won the Stanley Cup. “We all thought he was a complete warrior. He reminded me a lot of a young Sidney Crosby. He was just focused, ready to go, never gave up and did a great job.”

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Sbisa led all defensemen in ice time - probably being evaluated.

Nelson led all forwards in ice time - hopefully being evaluated.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Trying to decide if I should go to bed and check Jets score in the morning. I think the Jets are about to make Baker M a hero and I don't want to witness it.

Darnold looking horrible.

Reactions: eoin92 and xECK29x

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Bellows can also setup on his off wing for the one-timer. More versatility than Lee. He is equally dangerous from there as well. They can co-exist. ;)

And he can leak into his “office” from there too when Barzal has the puck on the left half wall or Eberle below the goal line.

Last edited:

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Solid game overall.

Guys were battling and making it difficult for NJD. D was sound and structured.

Team is not going to score as much as Trotz says. There’s a huge hole at 2C, Kovash nor Nelson are going to fill that. Nelson has no playmaking ability, and just doesn’t produce.

Toews has an early nod for the 6th man, Mayfield can sit in the pressbox.

Sbisa is hot and cold, do not want to see him above the 3rd pairing. He fumbles the puck a lot and turnovers.

Trotz will love Bchuk and the 4th line, they consistently battle.

And Bellows, idk so far he’s got the nod over Filppula etc. he def needs a playmaker though. If he’s up here playing w grinders I’m not sure that’s best for him.

Reactions: seafoam

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Bellows looks like he’s the only one skating out there. Certainly looks like he belongs. Hard to tell who looks worse Nelson or Eberle

Eberle I’m not really worried about. These games don’t matter for someone like him. He knows he’s going to be on Barzal’s line and all he is doing is getting his conditioning in and staying healthy to have a big contract year.

Reactions: bigtim1988

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Lee and Bellows just gonna be fighting for that spot all year lol

I think Bellows is better a little higher in that spot.

Lee is still the superior net front presence and rarely goes as high as Bellows did on both of his PP goals that he’s had in camp.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Overall I thought this game was a big nothingburger. A few takeaways from tonight:

I thought Thomas Greiss generally looked ok. He wasn’t fighting the puck, angle play was good, stayed on his feet. Except during a little of the penalty we killed towards the end of the 2nd period he never seemed flustered.

Brian Bellows certainly is making his case for sticking arounf on October 4th

Scott Eansor had a fairly invisible night. It was my first time seeing him this camp and was hiping for a little more.

Devon Toews is so smooth out there.

Steve Bernier does everything right except put the puck in the net. It’s an old story with him. He is what he is.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Also would it have killed them to put Barzal in the lineup for the final home preseason game that people were forced to buy to give us a shot at getting our money's worth? Instead he will play in Philly tomorrow.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Yuck. The guy just isn’t a good center. He’s way more effective on the wing. And if he’s not scoring he’s really not effective anywhere.

I still think they need to test Beauvillier and Bailey at Center. I said it before but I actually think Nelson would be a good fit for Barzal at LW

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
The so called 4th line has been very solid at both ends of the ice..their play will be key to Islander success . Once a few of the other lines get settled with personel the puck should move quicker down the ice. Right now rookie is written all over puck movement.

This team will be fine and will be there come playoff time.. barring a complete breakdown that appears not to be in the cards like the past few seasons. Plenty of Character has been added with the glue guys back in place. Losses will no longer add up due to point padding for individuals.
It should be a fairly exciting season...the games played at the Coli will be key to an extended season.

The #17 Isles Jersey has been removed from plastic and the Leaf jersey now used to mop up garage spills....GO ISLANDERS

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->