• Damon Severson
  • Colton White
  • Egor Yakovlev
GOALIES:
  • Keith Kinkaid
  • Cam Johnson

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Another look at Bellows tonight. Devon Toews is the other Isles player to keep an eye on for me. Think these 2 stand the best chances of making the team.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Another look at Bellows tonight. Devon Toews is the other Isles player to keep an eye on for me. Think these 2 stand the best chances of making the team.

I think in the end those two will be the first call ups. But when they do get called up they won't be going back down.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Why am I thinking Sbisa will he signed for a 1 year by the end of this week.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think in the end those two will be the first call ups. But when they do get called up they won't be going back down.

Bellows is the player early on that seems to me is a favourite to stick through 9 games atleast. You may be right he may be sent down, but for me, if he earns a spot. You just send a positive message to players, this is the new regime. You made it on merit. Which will in turn make other young players hungrier to make it next camp. Bellows is already 200 pds at 6'1. The skating critique is slowly going away. He's the guy for me to watch this preseason.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Bellows is the player early on that seems to me is a favourite to stick through 9 games atleast. You may be right he may be sent down, but for me, if he earns a spot. You just send a positive message to players, this is the new regime. You made it on merit. Which will in turn make other young players hungrier to make it next camp. Bellows is already 200 pds at 6'1. The skating critique is slowly going away. He's the guy for me to watch this preseason.

I think Bellows is eligible to go to the AHL, so he can stay up longer than 9 games and still be sent down later on without waivers.

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
Ladd has been out. If he doesn't start the season, than Bellow's odds of making the team have increased.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Ladd has been out. If he doesn't start the season, than Bellow's odds of making the team have increased.
Bellows will start in the A. They signed too many forwards this year and it seems like they want to give JHS a shot from the start. Let Bellows develop in the A before coming up. Between Kuhkhackl, Uncle Leo, Martin, Clutterbuck, Cizikas and Johnston. They have too many damn bottom 6 forwards and the top 6 seems to be set with the exception of a spot or two (between Nelson, Kovar and Filppula).

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Aho reminds me of Hickey. Small but good vision. Aho just needs to get stronger before he's ready physically for the game.

I like him, he is small, but the game is trending this way if you have other attributes. You do not want a plethora of small players, but you can certainly have a few on a roster and succeed. Quinn Hughes, Boqvist were drafted very high last draft. Aho is a guy I thought was a potential late 1st rd, high 2nd rd pick when in 2017. He is another player that interests me on the Island. He fits what Trotz is looking for in D men, quick decisions and puck movers.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I like him, he is small, but the game is trending this way if you have other attributes. You do not want a plethora of small players, but you can certainly have a few on a roster and succeed. Quinn Hughes, Boqvist were drafted very high last draft. Aho is a guy I thought was a potential late 1st rd, high 2nd rd pick when in 2017. He is another player that interests me on the Island. He fits what Trotz is looking for in D men, quick decisions and puck movers.
It's all about a numbers game when it comes to Aho unfortunately. Boychuk, Leddy, Pulock, Hickey are all locks for a roster spot. Then you have Mayfield and Pelech. After them comes Toews, Aho and possibly Burroughs (haven't heard much about him this camp really). Sbisa is a veteran that if they sign, will see limited time as a 7th playing with Mayfield and/or Pelech. That may push Toews and Aho out of spots. Having this problem isn't too bad if they can all buy into the system and play positionally sound (especially Leddy). I liked what Aho did last year when he was called up but he's on the outside looking in even if he's a guy Trotz likes simply due to the volume of one way deals. He'll see time this year for sure but how much remains to be seen.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Bellows will start in the A. They signed too many forwards this year and it seems like they want to give JHS a shot from the start. Let Bellows develop in the A before coming up. Between Kuhkhackl, Uncle Leo, Martin, Clutterbuck, Cizikas and Johnston. They have too many damn bottom 6 forwards and the top 6 seems to be set with the exception of a spot or two (between Nelson, Kovar and Filppula).
I have no problem with Bellows playing a month in Bridgeport. Let him get a taste of the pro game down there. Guaranteed that Clutterbuck and Ladd will end up on IR during the season. That will be Bellows opening.

Reactions: seafoam

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I have no problem with Bellows playing a month in Bridgeport. Let him get a taste of the pro game down there. Guaranteed that Clutterbuck and Ladd will end up on IR during the season. That will be Bellows opening.
Ladd is trending towards the IR because f his back issue. Cal on the other hand will miss a hit and be out for 2 months with either a knee or shoulder injury. Even without those two, there’s still:
Beau-Barzal-Eberle
Bailey-Nelson-Lee (Not a fan of this combo but it seems to be the lock)
JHS-Kovar-Filppila
Leo-Cizikas-Martin
Kuhnhackl
Johnston

That’s 13 guys on one way deals (not counting Tito and Barzal who are on the ELC still but won’t get sent down unless something falls off completely with their game). A lot of forwards still to get through before Bellows gets called up. The plus side is that besides the 18/13/7 line, everything else is basically a question mark when it comes to the forwards.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
How about a Mayfield - Aho or Toews 3rd pairing. The former would be a David and Goliath right left tandem.

I’d rather see Toews/Aho-Pelech than Mayfield, but with Toews-Mayfield being a “thing” for two preseason games in a row makes me think it could be a potential pairing during the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->