GDT: Preseason game 4: Ducks @ Coyotes - 6PM

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
So there's high quality video of the game, but no stream/broadcast. Makes no sense.

Yeah, at least give NHL their normal condensed game then, if you have recorded it... :(

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Last year I thought Keller and Schmaltz looked good together on the PP (for the brief time we had Schmaltz).

Would like to see what a Hayton-Schmaltz-Keller PP looks like, with OEL and someone else...maybe Chychrun. Or...or...maybe Kessel. 4 forwards with 1 dman.

Kessel had 12 ppg last 2 seasons (36 ppp)

Lots more options this season.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Let's trade for Tim Soderlund, Johan Sodergran, Elmer Soderblom, and then sign Robin Soderqvist and Kris Soder, and then draft Olle Bergstrom just to make things interesting!
Too many sodas will rot your teeth and we already don't have a lot of bite on this team!

Reactions: _Del_

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So there's high quality video of the game, but no stream/broadcast. Makes no sense.

League requires there to be video for disciplinary reasons and whatnot. FSAZ wanted to run poker reruns or whatever instead of the game.

Reactions: Plub

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Forgot to mention last night - by far THE largest crowd I've ever seen for Yotes preseason game.

I was curious about that. On the website before the game it said there were only limited seats available for the game. I figured it had to be a typo...maybe home opener. Anyhow, what was your estimate?

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I was curious about that. On the website before the game it said there were only limited seats available for the game. I figured it had to be a typo...maybe home opener. Anyhow, what was your estimate?
Eight, maybe ten thousand? Idk, estimating is not my forte’

Reactions: knich

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Eight, maybe ten thousand? Idk, estimating is not my forte’

So you think a bit more than half the seats had people in them?

Anyhow: are they really not gonna publish any live film? It's like 10 seconds on facebook.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
So you think a bit more than half the seats had people in them?

Anyhow: are they really not gonna publish any live film? It's like 10 seconds on facebook.
Yes, kind of what my memory came up with. The only thought I originally gave it last night was “this is bar far the most I’ve seen in preseason”.
Can’t help with your second query.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
F/O % seemed to work itself out by the end of the game. It wasn't great, but it was around Coyotes norm; with Dvorak handing business as usual. I imagine group familiarity will improve F/O % (it should at least have the potential to)

Ness received a couple D draws from the C and also carried it out well. I was unfamiliar with him, but he impressed. He punches above his weight; I hope he can earn some NHL time, while helping improve the RR's.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Tocchet says Keller’s shot is FIFTY percent better. Haha WTF?!?
He had a really low expected goals percent that I think was further exacerbated by a very low shooting percentage. He made Steve Valiquette’s company’s site’s list for most unlucky shooters, which considers location and situation when determining expected goals. Keller performed similarly to Jayden Schwartz last season and we know he was just unlucky because he exploded in the playoffs, so that bodes well. I think a bit of both being unlucky last season as well as needing to work on his shot explains last year so hearing Tocchet say that is encouraging. Also have to expect Keller will play with some one better than he had last year, whether that’s Kessel, Schmaltz for a whole season, or even refocused Stepan.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
F/O % seemed to work itself out by the end of the game. It wasn't great, but it was around Coyotes norm; with Dvorak handing business as usual. I imagine group familiarity will improve F/O % (it should at least have the potential to)

Ness received a couple D draws from the C and also carried it out well. I was unfamiliar with him, but he impressed. He punches above his weight; I hope he can earn some NHL time, while helping improve the RR's.
I guess it's safe to say Ness recovered from that hit he took in the first game.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I guess it's safe to say Ness recovered from that hit he took in the first game.

Likely yes; I never saw the hit. Ness caught my attention early on and kept it. I had leave for work at the second intermission, so my impression was built on maybe 1o shifts, but I liked what I saw...even if it means adding a career AHL'r to help Tucson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad