GDT: Preseason Game 4 at Pittsburgh 3:00 PM

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
i like his skating. not just speed, but a few minutes ago had a pretty nice cut towards the pit goal. he is a big presence, skates with a pretty wide stance
I think the wide stance must be why I was wondering.

Unless you're Fedorov skating with such a wide stance registers in my head as "not a very good skater." But I'm the same height as Sulak so I may have been thinking of my own skating. :laugh:

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I think the wide stance must be why I was wondering.

Unless you're Fedorov skating with such a wide stance registers in my head as "not a very good skater." But I'm the same height as Sulak so I may have been thinking of my own skating. :laugh:

he looks much bigger, than he seemingly is. he is a big, wide body...and his mullet makes him look even more dynamic :D

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
For those who've seen him play more, how is Sulak's skating?

He looks like a really big guy out there based on how he moves, and given he's not actually that tall (6'2") I'm wondering if that's not a good sign. He seems a little ungainly.

And I say this as someone who wants him to make the team, because just saying his name brings me joy.
He is fast , problem is when he and not only him try to go offence nobody cover him up and it could create chances for other team . I like when defensmen move the puck , but forwards needs to cover his place at that time . Sulak should be with the main team because his defensive game better than Cholo or Hronek even thou those 2 have higher sealing

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Sateri was very good . Larkin was better second and third . Mantha looked rusty . AA and Rus were very good . Sulak is NHL ready . I didn't like PP . They need to work on it

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Rasmussen keeps producing. What is it now, 6 goals in 8 preseason games? Hard to ask for much more.

I definitely like Cholo more than Sulak, and would rate him ahead of Hronek as well. Another solid showing.

Athanasiou looks hungry this preseason, and Larkin+Mantha started waking up here. Veleno keeps quietly impressing.

A lot to like.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
4-0 in the preseason. Since I am jumping on the wings bandwagon I get the sense there aren't many spots open. Which makes little sense given last year. Sounds like Holland is very old school but seems to lately like to the word 'rebuild'.

So what I see is a bunch of young guys who should make the team but might not because of politics/contracts. I have to believe that Sulak and Cholowski make the team right? That should really help the D.

Up front how many spots are there open? Ras appears to be a lock. Zadina AND Veleno going to join him? Hope so. Kinda wild to watch a changing of the guard.

Reactions: BinCookin

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Good play Shoe Chuck

:laugh: I caught that! Completely fumbled his name for a second there.

I get a kick out of the minor league quality presentations. Shots of the crowd instead of ads, silence for a half minute until the radio announcers patch back in... it's hokey but fun.

Reactions: mantha39

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
4-0 in the preseason. Since I am jumping on the wings bandwagon I get the sense there aren't many spots open. Which makes little sense given last year. Sounds like Holland is very old school but seems to lately like to the word 'rebuild'.

So what I see is a bunch of young guys who should make the team but might not because of politics/contracts. I have to believe that Sulak and Cholowski make the team right? That should really help the D.

Up front how many spots are there open? Ras appears to be a lock. Zadina AND Veleno going to join him? Hope so. Kinda wild to watch a changing of the guard.
Realistically We are going to see Ras up for sure, Zadina could make the team, but the AHL won't hurt him.

Coming in to the year it was assumed Hronek was going to make the team, and Cholo was going to play big minutes in GR, but Sulak may have snagged that spot. with Green out though we might see another D get a cup of coffee in the league.

The only player I'm 99% sure is getting sent down even though he has played great is veleno. Much like Ras last year I think they want him to dominate his current league before getting the call up. the last month should really help his confidence. so hopefully he takes that back to the Q with him.

My wildard player to make the team is Svech. he's played well this preseason, and I think we need to give him his make or break season. Plus I would prefer to see him in a bottom 6 role more than Zadina. lets not force Zadina into being some sort of checking forward like we did Jurco.

Reactions: Zetterbeer

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
For being tall Rasmussen I think is pretty agile. At times I've been critical of Mantha because he can seem so stiff and heavy-footed, no so with Ras. He has a quick first step and I like that he goes hard as hell backchecking.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
I think you have your choice of seats. This team is going no where fast in the real season.

That may be true but the wings have more interesting prospects than most teams. Never been a wings fan before this year and no idea what I am getting into. I get the negativity though. Been a rough run lately.

Check out Ottawa's HF board if you REALLY want to see negativity. Its going to be a full year of bitching over there and no one will even care about the actual games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad