GDT: Preseason Game 4 at Pittsburgh 3:00 PM

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Rasmussen - Larkin - Zadina
Athanasiou - Veleno - Mantha
Berggren - 2019 1st - Svechnikov
Smith - Ehn - Bertuzzi

Who would not love that future?
I hate to be a buzzkill, but the lack of star-caliber talent is still a concern. Larkin is going to get demolished against #1 centers like Bergeron, Matthews/Tavares, and Barkov.

Reactions: 21 Savage

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I hate to be a buzzkill, but the lack of star-caliber talent is still a concern. Larkin is going to get demolished against #1 centers like Bergeron, Matthews/Tavares, and Barkov.

Swap Veleno with the 2019 first and hopefully Svech with AA I think the team will be set on forward for a long time.

Yep.

I mean, it could be that we have enough depth already. Just need to hit every year an Elite player with the 1st rounder (in 2019-2020-2021-2022) and that team will be very very good and promising future contender.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

Two things, a high draft pick, top 3 lets say, likely gives Detroit either a center as good or better than Larkin, so that helps either having a 1a/1b center situation like Boston, or having Larkin as a #2. Second, If Ras, Zadina and Svech pan out, that gives Detroit a lot of scoring depth, they may not be all stars aside from potentially Zadina, but they still could score buckets of goals.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
So far AA is the best forward and DD best Defense. I like AA and Rus together .Probably
Rus-AA-Vanek
RAV line , Rav3

Reactions: masta8

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Yes and every one here wants to trade AA for what ever they can get for him.

AA has looked good, but I am still on the trade AA bandwagon because he's an asset Detroit is deep at and could get a good return. Still seeing some his bad habits tonight too. He gave up on a puck battle just now, and him trying to take a slap shot unscreened during the PP cost them.

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
AA and Sulak are both having very strong preseasons. I think this is gonna be the year AA breaks out and has a really good year. Hopefully Ras stays up because they look great together too.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
For those who've seen him play more, how is Sulak's skating?

He looks like a really big guy out there based on how he moves, and given he's not actually that tall (6'2") I'm wondering if that's not a good sign. He seems a little ungainly.

And I say this as someone who wants him to make the team, because just saying his name brings me joy.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
AA and Sulak are both having very strong preseasons. I think this is gonna be the year AA breaks out and has a really good year. Hopefully Ras stays up because they look great together too.

I'd be careful. AA has had his flashes over a few game stretches and people think 'he finally put it all together' then bam, back to floating.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

He looks like a really big guy out there based on how he moves, and given he's not actually that tall (6'2") I'm wondering if that's not a good sign. He seems a little ungainly.

And I say this as someone who wants him to make the team, because just saying his name brings me joy.

He's got incredible forward mobility. Can't count how many times I've seen him skate the puck out of our zone and transition us to offense. He gets sooo much separation when he gets his legs moving.

His edgework lateral movement,, and backwards movement seem pretty average though. He should be a great transition player, which is what the league is all about atm

Someone said it best in a diff thread - he's what we thought Dekeyser would be.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Now they are going with 3 lines:

Jokinen - Larkin - Svechnikov
Zadina - AA - Mantha
Rasmus - Veleno - Bertuzzi

AHL guys (Pope, Ehn, Campbell) put on the bench.

Love this.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
He's got incredible forward mobility. Can't count how many times I've seen him skate the puck out of our zone and transition us to offense.

Someone said it best in a diff thread - he's what we thought Dekeyser would be.
He definitely seems to have great speed going forward. There's just been several moments where he also seems a little out of control skating so I wondered.

I'd be happy if he became what we thought Dekeyser would be. Or even what Dekeyser was for a while until things went downhill.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017

i like his skating. not just speed, but a few minutes ago had a pretty nice cut towards the pit goal. he is a big presence, skates with a pretty wide stance

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad