GDT: Preseason Game 1: VGK vs. ARI

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
It's impossible to formulate an opinion. We had "star" players that wanted in on the first pre-season match, zona not so much. Kuemper was awful, Hill not an NHLer. As a group, they eventually settled in and managed the puck pretty well, but were hard pressed to get close to the net. All in all, it was an uneven matchup that would be no predictor for the performance of either team, especially the yotes. I still hold that they are going to be a good team this year.
Sweet thanks. Kuemper terrifies me, he wasn't very good last year with us, and this game isn't helping my confidence in him.

Laista

Apr 21, 2012
Gävle
interessting to follow Erik Brännström. He was a positive surprise in the Swedish JuniorTeam .
I hope he can make it. Great smooth skater.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
interessting to follow Erik Brännström. He was a positive surprise in the Swedish JuniorTeam .
I hope he can make it. Great smooth skater.

I think it depends on how well the Knights do without Schmidt for 20 games. If they're in good standing I don't think they'll burn off a year of his ELC by playing him more than 9 games.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Brannstrom can play in NHL, AHL (either of which would be on NHL contract and could burn year of contract); or back to his junior team (which would not burn year IF he returns before playing 10 NHL games).

All depends on what teams believes is best for his development.

Everything I've read to date leads me to believe they plan for him to "go pro" and start using his ELS contract, either in NHL or AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->