GDT: Preseason Game 1: VGK vs. ARI

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Yeah I was like...ermmm the **** bruv? You even pay attention?

he said something about 'only 2 goals'

for a men's league in Sweden where 7 goals for Dahlin was considered generational level

(although admittedly he did need to work on his shot - he seems to have done that a bit :D)

Reactions: HanSolo

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I didn’t get to see to hear the game, but the rosters were typically lopsided for a preseason game. Glad the hometown fans got a show for their dollar!

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The scoreline was not overly flattering for Vegas. They carried the play and absolutely deserved the blowout win they got.

Brannstrom and Hague looked impressive from what I could see from my end. Brannstrom made a few slick passes in the offensive zone that should have been handled better by the forwards.

Marchessault already looks like he's in regular season form. Even apart from the points he looked good from what I saw.

Last edited:

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Ferguson will probably be one of the first sent back to Juniors. He isn't eligible for the AHL and he isn't making Vegas. Usually they will play the Junior guys early and then send them back.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Ferguson will probably be one of the first sent back to Juniors. He isn't eligible for the AHL and he isn't making Vegas. Usually they will play the Junior guys early and then send them back.

He's a 98 birth year same as Hague, so he can play in the AHL (or ECHL).

It's hard to tell what their plan is for the goalies sometimes (just look at last year) but yeah Ferguson probably won't get another game as they got a good look at him tonight. Edit: Zhukov, Patera and Kooy were returned to juniors before camp.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
He's a 98 birth year same as Hague, so he can play in the AHL (or ECHL).

It's hard to tell what their plan is for the goalies sometimes (just look at last year). I think Zhukov and Patera will be sent down first. Kooy was returned to his junior club the other day.
Kooy because of injury.

Reactions: MordredGK

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
One thing I wish I got a picture of what Nick Holden's reaction before the national anthem. Absolutely priceless as he took everything in, he in absolute awe trying to hold back his emotion.

It was one of those moments that you can tell he felt he made the right choice.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Do you have the key to the situation room in Toronto? They have walls of TVs (and access to all the camera feeds) of every game in case of issues that come up in game play.

Yes, yes as a matter of fact I do. I just asked so someone would ask me how I was able to watch the game at home while everyone else had to listen to it on the radio. :laugh: ;)

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
To anyone that went, any thoughts on the yotes? Besides "wow, they suck" of course.

It's impossible to formulate an opinion. We had "star" players that wanted in on the first pre-season match, zona not so much. Kuemper was awful, Hill not an NHLer. As a group, they eventually settled in and managed the puck pretty well, but were hard pressed to get close to the net. All in all, it was an uneven matchup that would be no predictor for the performance of either team, especially the yotes. I still hold that they are going to be a good team this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad