GDT: Preseason Game 1 - September 15th - 12:30 A.M. - Flames VS Bruins @ Shenzhen

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
He's a 4th liner that has 21 points in 99 career games, if he was more offensive he wouldn't be a 4th liner. Your expectations are seriously out of whack.

Maybe, maybe not. A Flames weakness last year was lack of secondary scoring. Vegas showed that rolling 4 lines with speed works. The Flames have the talent now to roll 4 lines that can contribute offensively. I believe Garney can score more if asked. And I do think he is in danger of losing his sport this season if he doesn't add that dimension to his game.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If Hathaway plays half of the games he’s effective.

Problem is Gully played him basically the whole time. Too hard to play the **** disturber for more than 40 games.

Play him for five, when the energy starts to dip, take him out for five. Rinse, repeat.

100%
He’s not an everyday guy. But a guy who can play 30-50 games and provide a tonne of energy.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Hath's problem last year stemmed from overuse as a result of poor forward depth, meaning he was put into situations he was probably not yet ready to play. I think he'll look a lot better this season when he's playing 40-50 games, 8 minutes a night.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I understood you claimed Godfather 3 wasn't good, but the worst Godfather movie is better than any crap George Lucas vomited out

He's comparing the arc of the three movies in the trilogy. Godfather III is a big dropoff compared to the quality of the first two, hence it's the Chiasson of the trilogy. Return of the Jedi is tolerable but definitely not on the level of Episode IV or V, so it's the Ferland of its respective trilogy. He isn't comparing the Godfather movies to the Star Wars ones.

This probably belongs in the OT thread but whatever

Reactions: Volica

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe, maybe not. A Flames weakness last year was lack of secondary scoring. Vegas showed that rolling 4 lines with speed works. The Flames have the talent now to roll 4 lines that can contribute offensively. I believe Garney can score more if asked. And I do think he is in danger of losing his sport this season if he doesn't add that dimension to his game.

Is it that easy? We just have to ask?

LOL I wish we can just ask Bennett to score more.

Hathaway is a 4th line energy player. He is hurting Bennett and Jankowski being their full time linemate....unless all they expect of Bennett now is a bottom 6 plumber.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I like what I saw from all the new guys. Really liking Hanifins game. Czarnik has impressed me. Not sure at all why Boston let him go. Lindholm was steady. Ryan was good.
Since Peters really likes juggling his lines hes going to love coaching this Flames team.

Really hoping you guys do some damage this year. Nothing I'd like more than to see you or Anaheim against the Bruins in the finals.
Hopefully Czarnik does really well for you guys. He definitely deserves a shot to be a full-timer. He's got that elusiveness and skill. If he gets the consistency he could be a keeper. Wishing him and you guys the best this year.

No one was thrilled they moved on from him but the Bruins were just more or less caught in a numbers game with more kids either on the roster or knocking on the door - that there just aren't spots for them. Pastrnak, DeBrusk are locked in up front. Donato, Heinen and Bjork, are NHLers already while Studnika, JFK, Frederic and Cehalrik passed him and could play in the league at the moment - as well as Senyshyn and Fitzgerald. Not really a 'star' (at the moment) other than Pasta but the kind of depth that edges out a guy like Czarnik.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Is it that easy? We just have to ask?

LOL I wish we can just ask Bennett to score more.

Hathaway is a 4th line energy player. He is hurting Bennett and Jankowski being their full time linemate....unless all they expect of Bennett now is a bottom 6 plumber.

Poor choice of words perhaps. I was eluding to a role change for the 4th line from what we have used in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad