GDT: Preseason Game #1: Sabres @ Penguins. 7 P.M. Streamed Locally.

Bisons6

Mar 31, 2019
Couldn't get the stream because not local. Still got Dan Dunleevy radio PxP and, unfortunately, fell asleep in OT between "Eichel has a breakaway" and "scooooores".

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Holy cow man you need to give it a rest. First preseason game, it’s not half way through the season
I think that assessing each player after a game is useful. If you were happy with the game and how it played out-fine. If you think there are areas where there should be improvement especially if those areas were of concern last year-lack of focus at times and sloppy play in the DZone- then noting them is part of the fun of a wanna be coach/gm. I noted two areas of improvement-headmanning the puck and the play of Tage Thompson. I want the areas of concern to be improved upon and the improved areas to continue. Is that so bad? This is a forum for discussion after all.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I'm having a hard time getting a screen grab from the video because of the frame rate, but it looked like Eichels first shot in OT went off of the middle post inside the net.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I'm having a hard time getting a screen grab from the video because of the frame rate, but it looked like Eichels first shot in OT went off of the middle post inside the net.

If you’re talking about the first post shot, it went off the right post. It didn’t go in for sure.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I think that assessing each player after a game is useful. If you were happy with the game and how it played out-fine. If you think there are areas where there should be improvement especially if those areas were of concern last year-lack of focus at times and sloppy play in the DZone- then noting them is part of the fun of a wanna be coach/gm. I noted two areas of improvement-headmanning the puck and the play of Tage Thompson. I want the areas of concern to be improved upon and the improved areas to continue. Is that so bad? This is a forum for discussion after all.

Probably should’ve gave a disclaimer before the game :sarcasm:

But in a seriousness, I’d agree with what you said. This IS preseason where you should expect negative aspects to creep in the players’ games. It’s not as if you thought that they couldn’t improve on them, you just commented on them.

There is a lot of room for improvement. The small things that they stopped doing led to the collapse. This team has a history of crumbling, and when doing so it’s because of the small things they are not doing.

The good thing is they have tape under Krueger Coaching system to review. Now let’s hope the Coaching can correct their mistakes and hold them accountable. That has been the main issue for these recent years. If there’s a time and place to make your mistakes and get them corrected. The preseason is one of them. We have utilized the preseason poorly these past couple of years, let’s hope they all do better this time.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Some things were better, some things the same. I hope it will not take this coach 3 years to figure it out.

If Lazar can turn his speed into top-notch penalty-killing and find a 4th line role I would not complain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->