GDT: Preseason Game #1: Sabres @ Penguins. 7 P.M. Streamed Locally.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Sheary with Eichel in OT continues to be actually good, as Sheary plays defense and allows Jack to do his thing. Perfect example here.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
So--our D can headman the puck and a couple can carry it. Unfortunately they are crap in their own end and Dahlin still has that lazy back pass giveaway in his quiver and so a couple other Sabres. Eichel has been horrible--loses the puck a lot, cannot hit the net from 20 feet on wide open shots. Skinner not really noticeable. Goalies not sharp. Thompson has played very well--he defended well a couple of times and gave Gilmour the opportunity to break out with the puck. We still lack structure and that cost us in the end despite chances galore. Krueger has his work cut out to get a talented group--I think they are-to play all hard all the time every shift they are on the ice. Giving up big leads as they did in the prospects game and tonight is plain lack of effort. I turned off the stream after the end of regulation.

:scared:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Eichel stunk that entire OT. But somehow manages to bury the last chance.

Eichel kind of stunk that whole game. If you compared it to his regular season performances from last year I'd put it bottom 10. Wouldn't read much into it.

I was more interested today for Cozens/Thompson/Jokiharju and others, rather than the established NHLers.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
So--our D can headman the puck and a couple can carry it. Unfortunately they are crap in their own end and Dahlin still has that lazy back pass giveaway in his quiver and so a couple other Sabres. Eichel has been horrible--loses the puck a lot, cannot hit the net from 20 feet on wide open shots. Skinner not really noticeable. Goalies not sharp. Thompson has played very well--he defended well a couple of times and gave Gilmour the opportunity to break out with the puck. We still lack structure and that cost us in the end despite chances galore. Krueger has his work cut out to get a talented group--I think they are-to play all hard all the time every shift they are on the ice. Giving up big leads as they did in the prospects game and tonight is plain lack of effort. I turned off the stream after the end of regulation.

Holy cow man you need to give it a rest. First preseason game, it’s not half way through the season

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Eichel kind of stunk that whole game. If you compared it to his regular season performances from last year I'd put it bottom 10. Wouldn't read much into it.

I was more interested today for Cozens/Thompson/Jokiharju and others, rather than the established NHLers.
Wow someone actually gets it.Who cares what Eichel,skinner Dahlin etc do? It's the bubble players I want to see

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I thought Cozens played well, Thompson showed some good.. Eichel and Skinner arent in hockey mode yet.. Dahlin still overthinking in critical situations going -4 tonight, hopefully the coaches sit him down and show him his gaffs for an hour (it will probably take that long). I liked the speed from Gilmour, Sheary looked decent (but he always does against the Pens), Goaltending made me puke.

Good learning curve for Krueger to see, has to keep his players heads in the game. Jack gets frustrated easy so hopefully he can get thru to him.

We went from the Defense Whisperer to the People Whisperer, hopefully the latter does better.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I thought Cozens played well, Thompson showed some good.. Eichel and Skinner arent in hockey mode yet.. Dahlin still overthinking in critical situations going -4 tonight, hopefully the coaches sit him down and show him his gaffs for an hour (it will probably take that long). I liked the speed from Gilmour, Sheary looked decent (but he always does against the Pens), Goaltending made me puke.
I agree with everything you said except Sheary.I think he is terrible.Hopefully iam proven wrong but he in my opinion brings nothing to the table offensively or defensively

Reactions: Tatanka

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
They were fast and aggressive for two periods. That last one not so much. Get to the other half tomorrow. Will reserve all team comments until the roster is whittled down a bit.

With that said this will still be a young team that makes gaffes and I don’t see the goaltending bailing them out. Hutton looked like late season Hutton. And Johanson will be in The minors.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
They were fast and aggressive for two periods. That last one not so much. Get to the other half tomorrow. Will reserve all team comments until the roster is whittled down a bit.

With that said this will still be a young team that makes gaffes and I don’t see the goaltending bailing them out. Hutton looked like late season Hutton. And Johanson will be in The minors.
Buried with the Cyclones.. thats not even AHL calibre goaltending tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad