GDT: Preseason Game 1: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Buffalo Sabres from PSU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
A GDT!!! YES! :yo: Let's f***ing go!!!

I am assuming the only way this is on television is via pittsburghpenguins.com. I pulled this from the website and do not see any local stations showing the Pens game tonight. As more information comes out, i'll try to update. :)

The Pittsburgh Penguins have announced that their preseason games on September 16 against Buffalo and September 25 against Detroit will be streamed on pittsburghpenguins.com.

NHL Network will also broadcast the Penguins' preseason game on September 22 against Detroit.

All six preseason games are now available for Penguins fans to watch, either on AT&T SportsNet, NHL Network or the Penguins' website. Because of NHL broadcast rules, the streams will only be available in the Pittsburgh region. Additionally, all six preseason games can be heard on the Penguins' official flagship radio station, 105.9 'The X'.

The Penguins will open up their six-game preseason slate against the Buffalo Sabres on Monday, September 16 at 7:00 PM at Penn State University's Pegula Ice Arena. This is the second time in the last three seasons Pittsburgh has visited State College for a preseason game.

Penguins to Stream Two 2019 Preseason Games on September 16 and 25

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I take it the app will have it streaming if it’s on the website? I usually go to the ones at PSU since I’m so close. No such luck this year...damn parenthood.

Excited to see how our top prospects at forward and defense do.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Thanks Cole for the GDT. I'll be checking in but unfortunately may not get any video since I'm out of state, so all of you watching, please give those of us who can't get the feed some good nuggets...

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
What specifically ARE the broadcast rules preventing the streaming? I get that the MSG racket probably has rights to the Sabres broadcast, so blocking Pittsburgh's stream in their market would be an understandable rule. But say you're in Oklahoma or wherever where there isn't a provider conflict, why would it be blocked there?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What specifically ARE the broadcast rules preventing the streaming? I get that the MSG racket probably has rights to the Sabres broadcast, so blocking Pittsburgh's stream in their market would be an understandable rule. But say you're in Oklahoma or wherever where there isn't a provider conflict, why would it be blocked there?

No they're allowing the stream in the Pittsburgh market only....hopefully someone on who know where can find a solution to that...

NeonKnight

Nov 14, 2008
Does NHL.tv show all the preseason games? They have them on the schedule, but I can't tell if they're actually airing them.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
PSU is part of the Pittsburgh market and the Pens are playing. Sabres being the “home” team is only because of Pegula. I’m not sure they would control broadcasting rights simply because of venue.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Just here waiting to hear what the line-up is going to be...someone usually comes through...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Simon at center is interesting

I told people when he was practicing at center at camp that it looks like they want to get a good look at him there because he was successful at Worlds there...if he plays well, it gives them another option to move Bjugstad

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So, can I conclude that ZAR - Simon - Rust is the prefered 4th line at this point in the camp?

Plus, will this game be streamed? Do I need to renew my NHL Game Center membership to watch it?

It might just be another option for the bottom 6 as opposed to Simon replacing Blueger

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hm, ZAR-Simon-Rust is certainly a curveball to see. I know some people may be mad that Blueger isn't getting his chance, but if Simon playing out of position (from where he has played in the NHL) beats him out for a spot, that's on him.

I’d say between him and Blueger if Simon excels at center...at least until Bjug gets moved...

That's another thing definitely worth mentioning, it makes the idea of keeping Rust and moving Bjugstad much more interesting if Simon can work at center in the NHL.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well Simon is a way better playmaker than goal scorer so it makes sense at some level...if he plays well defensively and can handle FOs, he’d be a really good option for 3C...we know he works well with Horny too...I definitely could see a McCann-Simon-Horny line playing well

Reactions: Dominance
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad