GDT: Preseason, Game 1: NJ @ MTL | Runnin' with the Devils | Sept. 16, 2019 7:00pm TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
HF0AD3e.jpg

Finally, a game even if it's only a semi-real game.

First game of the pre-season is upon us and as we always do this time of year, we'll be keeping close tabs on rookies and whatever new players that may crack the final roster.

Habs won't be runnin' with the Devils, only some of them. The Devils have a split-squad game, with their other contingent facing the Bruins at home tonight. Notably absent from our game at the BC will be Taylor Hall and a slew of players the Devils added this summer, including PK, Hughes, Gusev and Simmonds.

Already a cut going into the game as Liam Hawel was released.

Special note to Adam Michaels -- hoping that Noah Juulsen gets better real soon. :sarcasm:

KEjP7v0.jpg

Some things never change. Take Artturi Lehkonen and his big mouth, for instance.

You might recall that just before the end of last season, Artturi had predicted that following a Habs's win just before their Washington game, that the Habs would win the final two games of the season and make the playoffs.

And now, he had this to say about the Devils:

Artturi, you've already proven that you're no Mark Messier. Maybe ...

aJdPTgy.jpg

Well, Artturi, you may have a great shot at winning tonight's game, the Devils are only partially here.

Also, I'm told that one of Geoff's best friends is going to be at the game tonight. The X-factor is that she's planning on using the same expression in the event of a win or a loss. No one is quite sure what she'll be thinking with no photographer around to guide her. She's featured on the Habs's website, as we've seen in another thread.

ozJsE5H.jpg

I mean, what did she just witness? Maybe it's that creepy AF ghost of Maurice Richard torch thing behind a glass that the Habs staged as a promo image for their corporate clients:

k0Xlseo.jpg

What is that? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Finally, some of us had been looking for a moniker for Habs's newcomer Ben Chiarot. Lo and behold, we may just have been gifted one yesterday all thanks to a typo in a thread title.

Habs poster cjbhab had this for a title: "This year's spacegoat: Ben Chiarot." Obviously, he meant to write "scapegoat" instead. Regardless, he hit the jackpot with Space Goat.

H0MQNaR.gif

NOOkuDU.gif

Mnkxeoe.gif

As I mentioned elsewhere, every time Chiarot will be drifting deep into space or when he can't find the space to make a play and he'll produce a ton of offsides as he was known to do in the Peg, or maybe when he hits someone into orbit. The moniker should be appropriate enough. Thanks for the inspiration, cjbhab!

Here are your lineups for tonight's game:

And this will be how your Habs's PP shapes up:

Finally, the full preseason schedule:

2DM3OPv.png

yfMNTSR.jpg

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Finally, a game even if it's only a semi-real game.

First game of the pre-season is upon us and as we always do this time of year, we'll be keeping close tabs on rookies and whatever new players that may crack the final roster.

Habs won't be runnin' with the Devils, only some of them. The Devils have a split-squad game, with their other contingent facing the Bruins at home tonight. Notably absent from our game at the BC will be Taylor Hall and a slew of players the Devils added this summer, including PK, Hughes, Gusev and Simmonds.

Already a cut going into the game as Liam Hawel was released.

Special note to Adam Michaels -- hoping that Noah Juulsen gets better real soon. :sarcasm:

Some things never change. Take Artturi Lehkonen and his big mouth, for instance.

You might recall that just before the end of last season, Artturi had predicted that following a Habs's win just before their Washington game, that the Habs would win the final two games of the season and make the playoffs.

And now, he had this to say about the Devils:

Artturi, you've already proven that you're no Mark Messier. Maybe ...

Well, Artturi, you may have a great shot at winning tonight's game, the Devils are only partially here.

Also, I'm told that one of Geoff's best friends is going to be at the game tonight. The X-factor is that she's planning on using the same expression in the event of a win or a loss. No one is quite sure what she'll be thinking with no photographer around to guide her. She's featured on the Habs's website, as we've seen in another thread.

ozJsE5H.jpg

I mean, what did she just witness? Maybe it's that creepy AF ghost of Maurice Richard torch thing behind a glass that the Habs staged as a promo image for their corporate clients:

What is this? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Finally, some of us had been looking for a moniker for Habs's newcomer Ben Chiarot. Lo and behold, we may just have been gifted one yesterday all thanks to a typo in a thread title.

Habs poster cjbhab had this for a title: "This year's spacegoat: Ben Chiarot." Obviously, he meant to write "scapegoat" instead. Regardless, he hit the jackpot with Space Goat.

As I mentioned elsewhere, every time Chiarot will be drifting deep into space or when he can't find the space to make a play and he'll produce a ton of offsides as he was known to do in the Peg, the moniker should be appropriate enough.

Here are your lineups for tonight's game:

Habs's PP for tonight's game:

And the full preseason schedule:

Go Habs Go!

This is hilarious! Nicely done! Spacegoat and Glasses Girl should become our two mascots for the season.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I'm excited for the first game but it'll probably be a snooze fest. We get to see what Suzuki has, and if Drouin keeps his promises. Nonetheless it's

GO :habs GO

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Suzuki's long smooth saucer to Webs + Shea's 12-gauge slapper + no comebacking Schneider in the lineup = fun

As opposed to last year... bring on the freakin power plays!!!

GHG.

...and great GDT, Runner. Already synthesizing from different Habs topics, and the ride's just begun. Cool stuff. I like wine & water too, Roy.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I love that we got Suzuki, Primeau, Brook, and Fleury in the line-up tonight. Also looking forward to watching Evans now that he's got one year of pro hockey under his belt. At rookie camp and the scrimmage, you saw his game has already evolved since the start of last year.

Also love that Suzuki will be given PP time. And on the first unit to boot.

I also like how they paired Primeau with Price. I'm sure that's no coincidence.

And I'm curious to watch Hudon tonight as well. I liked him a lot yesterday. Hopefully he can show it in these games.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I think it's time for the great Michael McLeod to shine. Tonight is the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->