GDT: Preseason Ends Tonight 7pm CBC, TSN1050 Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Both teams are icing their minor leaguers tonight. 8 preseason games is more than enough, no need to force all your players to play back-to-back games just before the season starts.

the only vets playing tonight are the guys who missed most of camp and need the work - Franson, Orr, Bolland, Liles, and of course the goalie who always needs work and didnt play last night.

if you want to stay interested, you can take all the other guys in tonight's lineup as the guys fighting to be the first callups when needed to fill in this year. all the guys playing tonight have a legit opportunity to get some real games in for the leafs this year.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Starting a season on a back to back is a bit rough, no suprise Carlyle gave the boys a day off.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Still 4 days away...

Btw, there are teams that are playing split squad game, TOMORROW night. So, good luck with that excuse.

Yes, Ottawa and the Islanders are playing two split squad games tomorrow night. However, neither of those teams starts their season until Friday. Might want to double-check your facts next time.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I would also guess that Clarkson will get into the game tonight.

He's going to miss a period of time and it won't hurt for him to play.

driver3000

Dec 17, 2011
Niagara
Blame the league for too many pre-season games. If they only played 4 or 5, I bet tonight's line up would be a competent one. No need risking injury when all the vets should be ready.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Blame the league for too many pre-season games. If they only played 4 or 5, I bet tonight's line up would be a competent one. No need risking injury when all the vets should be ready.

Blame fans for expecting too much from preseason games.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Most teams dont even get to watch their pre-season games. They are meant for management to get an idea of what these guys are made of.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
Maybe a little OT but I had no idea Colton Orr's wife was so ridiculously hot...oh ya and there's a nice little article on CBC website about Colton

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Most teams dont even get to watch their pre-season games. They are meant for management to get an idea of what these guys are made of.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the Leafs are the only team that has had all their preseason games televised.

Who cares about the lineup tonight..if you don't like it, don't watch it (what I am doing).

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the Leafs are the only team that has had all their preseason games televised.

Who cares about the lineup tonight..if you don't like it, don't watch it (what I am doing).

You must live in a bubble if u think the Leafs are the only team getting televised

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
Maybe a little OT but I had no idea Colton Orr's wife was so ridiculously hot...oh ya and there's a nice little article on CBC website about Colton

She has a great bod but I wouldnt call her ridiculously hot... I see hundreds of girls hotter than her at uni every day.

Maybe its just my tastes

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
@drjjw Kadri, clarkson, bolland, orr, franson, liles and reimer are all candidates to fill quota. #TMLtalk

Kadri and Clarkson are playing?

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Just because 925,000 is close to league minimum pay, in the.real world he's easily makes more cash than 99.5 % of the people.

i think sometimes we forget that they all make tons of money for playing a game... even making the league minimum.

but in fairness, a guy like Orr may only be in the league for like 10 years... so he makes 1 million a year for 10 years. whereas other people earn a living at their job for maybe 40 years. so he's gotta make enough in the 10 years to last him his whole life basically. so that might be the same as someone makeing $250,000 per year for 40 years. still a lot of money... but sometimes the lifestyles these guys lead when they're making the big bucks will come back to hurt them later on. plus the chances of making it to the nhl are really slim anyways... so you would hope that you're compensated well enough if you're lucky enough to make the big leauges.

but that's why i don't really feel sorry for guys like Liles at all... ya, maybe he doesn't make the team, but he's still getting paid millions of dollars. hard to feel sorry for a guy making that kind of money.

Fearless Leaf*

She has a great bod but I wouldnt call her ridiculously hot... I see hundreds of girls hotter than her at uni every day.

Maybe its just my tastes

Same here, she is not even hot, really.

And this is coming from a brown guy who loves white chicks.

Penalty Kill Icing*

You must live in a bubble if u think the Leafs are the only team getting televised

It is true. Leafs were the only team to get all games televised in pre-season. Other was Habs but they didn't get English coverage for all games.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
i think sometimes we forget that they all make tons of money for playing a game... even making the league minimum.

but in fairness, a guy like Orr may only be in the league for like 10 years... so he makes 1 million a year for 10 years. whereas other people earn a living at their job for maybe 40 years. so he's gotta make enough in the 10 years to last him his whole life basically. so that might be the same as someone makeing $250,000 per year for 40 years. still a lot of money... but sometimes the lifestyles these guys lead when they're making the big bucks will come back to hurt them later on. plus the chances of making it to the nhl are really slim anyways... so you would hope that you're compensated well enough if you're lucky enough to make the big leauges.

but that's why i don't really feel sorry for guys like Liles at all... ya, maybe he doesn't make the team, but he's still getting paid millions of dollars. hard to feel sorry for a guy making that kind of money.
If Liles never played again he would have probably made 7 to times what I have in my entire life. I'm not crying about it, just stating a fact and yes he earned it. So yeah I don't feel sorry for him.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
It is true. Leafs were the only team to get all games televised in pre-season. Other was Habs but they didn't get English coverage for all games.

Ya sure on Leafs tv and stuff. If you want to pay then you can watch. MLSE would never miss a chance to cash in. They sure wouldn't stream games on their website for free like the Oilers did because they're a bunch of greedy pigs. Most of the other teams missed one or two broadcasts...big whoop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad