GDT: Preseason - Devils vs. SC Bern- 1:30PM MSG+ NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Any goons on this Bern team that we have to be wary about? Not really fond of this idea of playing against a non-NHL team when you can have some less than stellar dummys do something stupid.

Hoping everyone leaves the game healthy.
I don't know enough about their team, but goofing it up is a mostly North American thing. Europe is harsh on goons and emphasizes speed and skill.

Samuel Desbiens

Dec 5, 2017
Quebec City, Quebec
Is John Quenneville will be able to maintain his spot on the 3rd line with Wood and Zajac?

He always seems to be to odd man out even if he's having a really good camp... Hynes has to give him a chance to succeed and put him in a good situation to help him improve his game.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Any goons on this Bern team that we have to be wary about? Not really fond of this idea of playing against a non-NHL team when you can have some less than stellar dummys do something stupid.

https://swisshockeynews.ch/index.ph...cb-s-gregory-sciaroni-provisionally-suspended

29 September 2018
"SCB's Gregory Sciaroni provisionally suspended. Additionally, the SIHF has initiated proceedings against the SC Bernforward.

Sciraoni will definitely be out of the lineup for the game against EHC Bieltonight. He is under investigation for a hit to the head of the SC Rapperswil-Jona Lakers' Timo Helbling in the 45th minute of play in Friday's game. Helbling was not able to complete the game.

The former HC Davos forward already missed the first three games of the season due to a four-game suspension he received last season for a crosscheck against EHC Biel's Mauro Dufner."

Reactions: Satans Hockey

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I’ve been up for about 36 hours after flying from a wedding in Nashville to Zurich this morning (through DC). Walked around Bern this morning and saw a bunch of Devils fans. The city is beautiful! Starting to bar crawl to the game but apparently you can open carry too so walking to the arena is a pregame in itself.

Most of Continental Europe this is a thing. It's fantastic.

Reactions: Colin226 and Billdo

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

Not Goons but physical players, who try to get under the skin of their opponents:
Thomas Rüfenacht
Tristan Scherwey

Both play for the Swiss National Team and not mainly because of their skill level.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dea in over Quenneville and on the third line? Ugh. Zajac is gonna feel like he’s playing with Kalinin again real soon. Hope this is not something we see on Saturday.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Dea in over Quenneville and on the third line? Ugh. Zajac is gonna feel like he’s playing with Kalinin again real soon. Hope this is not something we see on Saturday.

They are both playing Bleed. Extra forward and D allowed in this game.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They are both playing Bleed. Extra forward and D allowed in this game.
Really?I didn't know that.

So now I don't feel so stupid for asking this. My next question was, are these 20 minute periods? Or slight deviation in time from an NHL period? And anyone know how long intermissions are? I was just coming to ask this. NHLN has it listed from 1:30 to 4:30.

BalticDevil

Mar 27, 2018
Wismar, Germany
Really?I didn't know that.

So now I don't feel so stupid for asking this. My next question was, are these 20 minute periods? Or slight deviation in time from an NHL period? And anyone know how long intermissions are? I was just coming to ask this. NHLN has it listed from 1:30 to 4:30.

Periods in Europe are the usual 20 minutes, intermissions are 18 minutes at least here in Germany.

Reactions: Bleedred

BalticDevil

Mar 27, 2018
Wismar, Germany
its a little early to start drinking, esp on a Monday,
but a Devils fan has got to do, what a Devils fan has got to do !

For us Euros it's one of these rare games where we can start drinking at an respectable time and not in the middle of the night when we should already stop. And a nice warm up for Sweden. I'm counting days 'till saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad