GDT: Preseason: Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs 7PM 9.20.2019

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Or Sheary
Or Sobotka

I loathe Sheary's perimeter playing style and see Mitts doing some of the same- two leafs on the boards, one sabre, and Mitts would rather stand back and hope the puck pops out to him instead of getting in there and digging for it. I get it, there are times you need to put yourself in a position to score, but there are also times you need to get the pressure started by putting in work- Mitts needs to know how to differentiate between the two.

Reactions: Mitts888

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Good first 2 periods, but again, they didn't bring it in the 3rd. I hope this isn't the new 'thing' under this new regime. That's 2 games now where we fell off in the 3rd (and 1 where we just got man-handled).

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Good first 2 periods, but again, they didn't bring it in the 3rd. I hope this isn't the new 'thing' under this new regime. That's 2 games now where we fell off in the 3rd (and 1 where we just got man-handled).
Buslag. The time zone difference and playing in thinner air took a lot out of the Sabres.

Reactions: Grinder44

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I seen some good from Mittelstadt, Cozens, Lazar, Jokiharhu(sp)

But they couldn't bury chances.

Okposo just doesn't have it. I sort of pity him. He's got 24 million reasons not to retire. But even he has to know, he's not earning an 8th of that contract. It's hard to keep a brave face like that.

Asplund has been really quiet this preseason. He's has to know that's not enough to make the big club.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Ruotsalainen does not look ready. Or maybe not good enough. Or maybe neither. Most of these guys don’t look good.
I agree thought the young kids would be hungrier.However i was hoping to see more of Ruotsalainen, Couzens and Asplund to be sure.Lazar I actually liked.Smith needs a better showing as well Joker isn't ready yet in my opinion either

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
I seen some good from Mittelstadt, Cozens, Lazar, Jokiharhu(sp)

But they couldn't bury chances.

Okposo just doesn't have it. I sort of pity him. He's got 24 million reasons not to retire. But even he has to know, he's not earning an 8th of that contract. It's hard to keep a brave face like that.

Asplund has been really quiet this preseason. He's has to know that's not enough to make the big club.
Okposo needs to be a player/coach in Rochester or something.No way in hell can they justify keeping him

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
These commentators would open mouth kiss Matthews I bet.
Yes but where would the open mouth be? The Leaf broadcast was just a 3 hour Toronto Tribute. MLSE pays him and he knows the songs he must sing.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Hit a post and a crossbar. Matthews and Nylander were the best players on the ice, as should be expected. Andersen was excellent in the 1st when the Sabres had some really nice looks. They definitely slowed down in the 3rd. Thought they played a spirited, team game for the most part.

No need to be in Eeyore mode yet guys. Let's save it for when the games mean something and the losses are piling up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->