GDT: Preseason #6 | Islanders vs Flyers | Oct 4, 2022, 7pm | Wells Fargo Center | 97.5 FM, NBCSP+, ESPN+

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's hard to play fast when you're playing with shit players.

And let's not discount how shattered the development process probably is for his confidence. Playing with hesitance is a hallmark of Flyers prospects. The team is more worried about breaking players down than building them up. All risk and mistakes are punished and they're ever desperate to find any reason to play a worse veteran over you.

Last edited:

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
It's hard to play fast when you're playing with shit players.

And let's not discount how shattered the development process probably is for his confidence. Playing with hesitance is a hallmark of Flyers prospects. The team is more worried about breaking players down than building them up. All risk and mistakes are punished and they're ever desperate to find any reason to play a worse veteran over you.
Perfectly stated.

Been this way since Lavy was fired.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
York with a non descript game and camp so far. Blame others and not the player himself. Another guy I suppose who the Flyers will ruin.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Flyers looked decent in this one even with a weak roster.

Nice to see Tippett light the lamp, same for Laczynski.

Ersson is the man. Sandstrom, Hart, and Ersson each have a history with groin injuries. What could go wrong?

Final cuts coming today?

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
So so they cut Wade tanner and the rest of the kids tomorrow, or do they keep them around for a bit yet ?

33 year old never been got a guaranteed contract from this buffoon , he should be dancing a jig, head held high.
Allison is making the team. Same with Jackson Cates. York is the one that has to worry. Did not have a good pre season. May be in his best long term interest development wise to go to the minors for a few months.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
York with a non descript game and camp so far. Blame others and not the player himself. Another guy I suppose who the Flyers will ruin.

Just another bad pick by Hextall.

York showed some really good positioning. I have no idea what Braun was doing out there in overtime.
Killing a penalty. You think there were better options on defense for that than him and Sanheim?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
York showed why strength matters, Cizikas bull rushed him into his own goal.

Lazynski looked great on that breakaway, where was that burst the rest of pre-season? Guess he didn't get into shape for Torts his off-season, because up to then, he looked Lehtera slow.

J Cates is limited, but it's not like the competition was overwhelming.

N Cates is for real, and Tippett showed why he'll get a lot of PT to sink or swim.

MacEwen outplayed Allison, but Allison is draggin after 5 games in little more than a week.

It's cute that some crusty old f*** is trying to call him lazy, but Laczynski had two hip surgeries in the past year. That's why he hasn't had much of a burst in camp.

MacEwen didn't outplay anyone. He may as well not even have a stick in his hands.

Belpedio has been pretty consistent all preseason.

He's certainly less prone to mistakes than that other RHD with the $25,500,000 contract. And his name is not any dumber!

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It's cute that some crusty old f*** is trying to call him lazy, but Laczynski had two hip surgeries in the past year. That's why he hasn't had much of a burst in camp.

MacEwen didn't outplay anyone. He may as well not even have a stick in his hands.

He's certainly less prone to mistakes than that other RHD with the $25,500,000 contract. And his name is not any dumber!
I'm not sure I can agree on that one. It just is one of those names for me. Rasmus Ristolainen is a person and a player that annoys me. Belpedio is just a stupid name but have nothing against the person or player.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm not sure I can agree on that one. It just is one of those names for me. Rasmus Ristolainen is a person and a player that annoys me. Belpedio is just a stupid name but have nothing against the person or player.

Last edited:

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Might be irrational, but I have this weird pessimism that the Hart no show in the preseason has something to do with the Hockey Canada scandal.
It's so hard to know. I think he just got hurt by his own team in practice. When the CHL8 are revealed, some careers will end or go on hold for a year or two, for sure. I really hope Hart wasn't one of them, but if he was, eff him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Laczynksi was playing for two months in the spring. While it was obvious the hips slowed him down at that point, he had all summer to strengthen that area.
Though by your logic, he should be sent down to LHV until he's 100%, the NHL is not a rehab league.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Laczynksi was playing for two months in the spring. While it was obvious the hips slowed him down at that point, he had all summer to strengthen that area.
Though by your logic, he should be sent down to LHV until he's 100%, the NHL is not a rehab league.

Players rehab in the NHL all the time.

Amazing that after months of insisting Laczynski is a shoe-in for the roster you suddenly bail based on a series of games that are awful for evaluation. Every year you make these proclamations following small and broken sample sizes and every year they're wrong.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's so hard to know. I think he just got hurt by his own team in practice. When the CHL8 are revealed, some careers will end or go on hold for a year or two, for sure. I really hope Hart wasn't one of them, but if he was, eff him.

Who are the CHL8? I have been checked out on hockey all summer.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw.

Reactions: Larry44

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Amazing that after months of insisting Laczynski is a shoe-in for the roster you suddenly bail based on a series of games that are awful for evaluation. Every year you make these proclamations following small and broken sample sizes and every year they're wrong.
Imagine being asked to show ANYTHING playing between Deslauriers and MacEwen? It's almost like we've seen this same exact thing for a decade of where the young kids get saddled playing with utter dog shit and since they don't produce anything they're banished to the shadow realm and called trash themselves.

It's an impossible situation for them and it has been for years.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Imagine being asked to show ANYTHING playing between Deslauriers and MacEwen? It's almost like we've seen this same exact thing for a decade of where the young kids get saddled playing with utter dog shit and since they don't produce anything they're banished to the shadow realm and called trash themselves.

It's an impossible situation for them and it has been for years.

Meanwhile the team treasures the trash

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Just another bad pick by Hextall.

Killing a penalty. You think there were better options on defense for that than him and Sanheim?
I know what he is. With all the minutes belpido saw I thought there'd be different guys getting looks. To be honest Braun looked like he had no legs midway through the game. Good to see the competitive spirit

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
York showed why strength matters, Cizikas bull rushed him into his own goal.

Lazynski looked great on that breakaway, where was that burst the rest of pre-season? Guess he didn't get into shape for Torts his off-season, because up to then, he looked Lehtera slow.

J Cates is limited, but it's not like the competition was overwhelming.

N Cates is for real, and Tippett showed why he'll get a lot of PT to sink or swim.

MacEwen outplayed Allison, but Allison is draggin after 5 games in little more than a week.
York looked like my nephew wrestling with me on that goal. The fire was there and I appreciate that but you can't teach big.
Lacinski and Cates are going for the same job. I'd go with talent over reliability but neither has looked overwhelmingly better than the other.
It almost seems as Cates is rubbing off on tippet.
Allison reminded me a lot of Mike knuble. I don't know how he fits in today's game but I'm willing to find out. Macewen was busy away from the play he'd be a press box guy if I made the call

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
If someone is taught wrong, who is at fault? The student or the teacher?
In Yorks case hard to blame development. He hasn’t been here long enough. It’s just another case of poor drafting.

What I mean by that is he isn’t a bad pick as he will eventually play full time but he is looking like a poor choice where he was taken. Ceiling won’t be very high.

Undersized defensemen that’s good at everything but not great at anything. I’ll compare him to Heinolla or whatever his name is in Winnipeg. Going to play but poor draft choice where he was taken.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

He's not rehabbing, he's slower than he was before getting hurt.

Reactions: Tripod

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Who are the CHL8? I have been checked out on hockey all summer.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw.

1664981026562.png

1664982936412.png

I could have spent $9.99 for ESPN+ to watch the game last night, instead I streamed 97.5 FM.

The only thing reassuring was Coatesy's drunken stupor comments......

I am not sure if I do not care, but I am not sure I do either.

I thought I had empathy for the players because they are like clowns in a circus, but even clowns get paid and in this case lots of money.

I could go away....but somehow I feel like a moth close to a flame.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

Imagine having the chutzpah to take the same L every year and not only still show your face around here, but make the same dumb prediction year in year out.

It's incredible, really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad