GDT: Preseason – Sabres at Canes – Fri Sep 27 – 7:00pm – TV: n/a – Radio: WGR

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I agree. He needs his health to maximize his game (physicality)--- obviously.

He's not going to be on the top line.

He SHOULD be a major part of this team going forward. My issue with him last year was that he played with such passiveness, such nonchalance, almost as if he was content with the fact that his roster spot was safe. He is best when he plays with tenacity on the forecheck, banging bodies and crashing the net. It has nothing to do with points, or scoring output, production on the scoresheet, etcetera.

I don't care if he scores 15 points over the year, as long as he plays like he did in his stint the season before last I will be happy. He was energetic, tenacious, gritty, and very tough to play against.

One of his best attributes was the concept of the space he created for Ennis, and to a lesser degree stafford, by forechecking as he did, finishing every check, working the walls, etc.

That's what we need.

He seems back to that point and was working well with Hodgson and Vanek earlier in the pre-season. What he does well, those two could use.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Kill the Candy Canes

Wipe the frozen constipated look off Eric Staal's face please.

eric-staal-bat-boy.gif

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Gerbe leading the Canes in preseason goals... heh

or points...one of the two.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=684504&navid=DL|CAR|home

One grouping that remains constant is the team’s second line of Nathan Gerbe, Jordan Staal and Patrick Dwyer. Gerbe netted two goals in last night’s 2-1 victory over Columbus, including the game-winning goal in the final minute.

Tonight’s Lineup

Tlusty-E. Staal-Dvorak
Gerbe-J. Staal-Dwyer
Bowman-Nash-Dalpe
Terry-Sutter-Westgarth

Faulk-Hainsey
Sekera-Murphy
Harrison-Komisarek

Ward, Khudobin

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
He seems back to that point and was working well with Hodgson and Vanek earlier in the pre-season. What he does well, those two could use.

Yeah, i agree with everything jBuds said, with the exception of Foligno not playing on the first line. I think that's almost a given. He fits perfectly there.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
First row sports is showing a link for a the game tonight to be streamed so maybe we'll be lucky.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Weber pulled for zads. No Larsson tonight is very strange. Flynn skating on the second line instead.

Hasn't Larsson played in most of the preseason games? I think he has the most ice time of any of Buffalo's forwards in the preseason.

It is perhaps a bit strange but it's only Larsson's second game sitting out I believe.

Yes, he has, but Grigorenko is the only player who's played in every single pre-season game.

Which is of course because he will be on the team and they want to give him as much learning experience they can and try him with as many linemates as they can.

No chance of a stream for this game? Carolina hasn't broadcast any of their pre-season games?

It appears there will be a stream which I'll link when the game starts and I can confirm it works.

FanboySlayer*

The thing from this game that would make me happiest is a second good game from Grigorenko. I've seen enough from all the other prospects to know they are on the right track.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
The thing from this game that would make me happiest is a second good game from Grigorenko. I've seen enough from all the other prospects to know they are on the right track.

That one-touch pass to Girgensons that didn't get converted... how many NHLers do you know that can make that pass? Every time I might be getting worried, he does something like that, and I'm getting less worried as it happens more often.

Kevin Westgarth is probably real happy not to see 32 on the lineup sheet, let's hope he doesn't celebrate by doing something Orr/McLaren-ish

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I really like the idea of Flynn playing with Ennis. I've thought that Ennis-Grigs-Flynn might be a good combination to try--give the creative guys the chance to be creative, while having a guy in Flynn that plays a straight-forward type of game and can handle some of the dirty work. Flynn-Ennis-Stafford might be intriguing...

or perhaps it just means Flynn is a placeholder for Foligno and that line is being reunited.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I have no animosity towards Gerbe. It's like rooting against Ralphie in The Christmas Story. He just doesn't fit in this league.

He played his heart out for us, just wasn't meant to be. I don't hate him either, Sekera too for that matter. Now if Gerbe starts trying to muck it up with us I might have to change my mind. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad