Preparing for fit test in a few days

Oct 18, 2011
I have been training for this test for about 9 weeks now, friday is the day I will be taking it.

There is a dummy drag(165 lbs) and a bunch of cardio based stuff. So as I am now a few days away what should I be doing? Obviously the day of the test I want to feel energized and light on my feet.

How should I go about my weight training(should I keep it light, or stay with what i've been doing?) and nutrition, the last few days i've been trying to not eat anything heavyish at night. tonight for instance instead of making a meal in which my body would have to work really hard to process. I opted for a home made protein shake which I split. I had part of it after i got home from the gym, and part of it before 9 PM since I was feeling kind of hungry.

How should I spend the day before? light workout? maybe some walking? i will not be doing any weightlifting that day i know that.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Good luck, KV. Seriously man. :yo: I would do light workouts. Walk/hit light weights. Stay active.

Oct 18, 2011
thanks..i think today i will do my usual monday arm workout, and go light on tuesday/wednesday with shoulders and chest, the big thing for me is how to spend the day before more than anything

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I wouldn't really eat light unless you have to make some kind of weight? My performance is generally lessened the day following light eating. Your results may vary.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Agree with UM. I typically eat a little more in that situation unless a weigh-in is necessary.

Oct 18, 2011
I wouldn't really eat light unless you have to make some kind of weight? My performance is generally lessened the day following light eating. Your results may vary.

weight doesn't matter, i just want to feel light on my feet the day of my test, i don't want to feel slowed down by anything. i am not worried about the strength portion of the test, for me it is the cardio part and i want to play this as smartly as possible.

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton
Not sure how much cardio you have to do, but if its 2+ hours, in my not-at-all-professional-guy-who-runs opinion, I would eat more carb heavy to top up the glycogen stores, and start hydrating a couple days beforehand, but don't over hydrate.

Oct 18, 2011
what do you mean by hydrating. i know what it means but how is it specific for something such as this? i drink alot of water as is since i'm eating alot of protein and taking creatine

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton
what do you mean by hydrating. i know what it means but how is it specific for something such as this? i drink alot of water as is since i'm eating alot of protein and taking creatine

Basically getting the balance of water, salt, and electrolytes right. Drinking too much water without any salt or electrolytes can actually be bad, and can happen quite easily. In regards to pre-race/test prep, the additional glycogen stores generated by a carb heavy diet a few days beforehand will allow a bit more water to be stored in the muscles.

Though it is a balancing act to not be dehydrated or bloated and overhydrated, but to hit the sweet spot.

This is assuming the cardio portion of your test is in excess of 2 hours. If it is less, then this may not be something to worry about.

Oct 18, 2011
test went good but my quads have been on fire for a few days, even when i do my legs usually after a day all soreness goes away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->