GDT: Premiere presented Sharks @ Ducks 7pm AND the return of Drew

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
We may have no other centers on the roster but let's move Hertl back to wing.

But why?

Not saying you are wrong, but I cannot recall him being any better on the wing than at center, besides when he was playing with Thornton, which IMO had nothing to do with his position on that line.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I have not been a huge fan of Boughner's roster decisions and lines/d pairings.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
But why?

Not saying you are wrong, but I cannot recall him being any better on the wing than at center, besides when he was playing with Thornton, which IMO had nothing to do with his position on that line.
I don't really have a good reason. But between the ineffectiveness and coming off another knee injury, it doesn't seem like he can handle the center role right now. So maybe we can get some use out of him if he's on the wing.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I just rewatched that goal and it looks like Vlasic looks directly at Burns before dishing it over to no one

Edit:looks like curtis deleted his tweet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210206-114857_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210206-114857_Twitter.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I have not been a huge fan of Boughner's roster decisions and lines/d pairings.
While I’m not sure they’ve been great, there’s also a finite amount of options and none of them are any good if we’re being honest.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
While I’m not sure they’ve been great, there’s also a finite amount of options and none of them are any good if we’re being honest.
Definitely agree. Hertl should have been a plug anywhere and play option, and Meier to a similar extent. Now that they're barely top 6 option, you're left with 4 legit top 6 players. So you get 1 reliable scoring line and some mish mash of bottom 6 dudes playing on the other 3 lines. The bright side is that the bottom 6 guys are bringing something positive most games.

Reactions: Cas

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Considering how bad Vlasic has been, I'd take Middleton in his spot. It's not like he'd be any worse, and would probably be better by the fact of just giving a shit.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Couture and Hertl are struggling in the way, IMO, that players just struggle now-and-then. Slumps happen, and history shows they will break out of it. I'm not so worried about them.

Vlasic and Jones are just bad; their highs are barely acceptable. Kane has always been mercurial in a way that might make him a liability. Meier's slumping, but on top of that it looks like he isn't going to take that "next step" we all expected from him.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Hertl set up Heinen in the slot for a point blank one timer against Jones. And Heinen whiffed. Even Hertl's mistakes are rough to watch. :sarcasm:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I don't really have a good reason. But between the ineffectiveness and coming off another knee injury, it doesn't seem like he can handle the center role right now. So maybe we can get some use out of him if he's on the wing.
Hi problem doesn't look physical to me. His body language is awful.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Couture and Hertl are struggling in the way, IMO, that players just struggle now-and-then. Slumps happen, and history shows they will break out of it. I'm not so worried about them.

Vlasic and Jones are just bad; their highs are barely acceptable. Kane has always been mercurial in a way that might make him a liability. Meier's slumping, but on top of that it looks like he isn't going to take that "next step" we all expected from him.
I don't feel like Couture is struggling as much at this point. I just don't think he's a complete hockey player anymore. He's good at scoring and PK. 5 on 5 he needs a good possession player to help keep his head above water or for his line to have good chemistry to keep getting chances. The latter is what I think has been happening. I think Labanc has been playing better that I could have expected as far as both ends despite not scoring a ton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad