GWT: Premier League Round 32

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
So incredibly relieved right now.

Side note: The Home atmosphere at Stamford Bridge has to be the worst in the league. Worse than at The Etihad.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think this about locks the Top 4 up for the teams currently in it.

Chelsea are running out of time to make up that ground.

I'd be pretty relieved if the game week 37 is irrelevant.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That result all but makes the rest of the PL schedule a formality for the top 6

City will obviously win the title, probably clinch it officially next week.

2-4 are pretty much set unless Chelsea can make up 8 points in 7 games. Might shift back and forth a bit, but that’s just bragging rights.

5th and 6th doesn’t matter unless Southampton wins the FA cup as both will get EL group stage places. If Southampton somehow pulls it off, 5th gets group stage and 6th gets 3rd qualifying round.

Leicester and Burnley will be hoping Southampton lose though, as one of the other 3 getting the FA cup would mean 7th gets the 3rd qualifying spot and those teams are currently 3 points apart with a match coming up in 2 weeks.

I guess technically they're hoping that Southampton loses and Arsenal wins the EL since that'll mean the group stage spot drops to 7th and the 3rd qualifying round goes away.

Edit: Actually based on last year, it may not matter for 7th what Arsenal does as basically the same thing happened and Everton went into the 3rd qualifying round instead of group stage.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think this about locks the Top 4 up for the teams currently in it.

Chelsea are running out of time to make up that ground.

I'd be pretty relieved if the game week 37 is irrelevant.

Any draw finishes them off, so yeah. They've shown nothing all season to make a person think they can win all those games in a row, and Liverpool or Tottenham would have to brick themselves at the same time.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Stoke deserve the beating they got. Play like thugs as usual. Disgusting fanbase that doesn't deserve to have their team play in the top level again. I look forward to seeing them liquidated like Leeds in a few years.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Stoke deserve the beating they got. Play like thugs as usual. Disgusting fanbase that doesn't deserve to have their team play in the top level again. I look forward to seeing them liquidated like Leeds in a few years.

For some reason I didn't realize they were in the relegation zone. Fantastic, could be the best thing about this season.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Stoke and West Brom have both overstayed their welcome.

Why?

I get the Pulis-Stoke, but even if I don´t especially like Hughes I thought they often were a decent team - no worse than many of the "smaller" teams fighting to stay up.

WBA is an odd one. They have stayed up, but without really much of an identity or much consistency anywhere. Got to be disappointing from a fan´s point of view how they haven´t really been able to take advantage of Villa being down.

I would much rather have teams like Villa, Leeds and Sunderland in the PL, but I don´t especially mind Stoke and WBA.

Not that I don´t really care that much who goes up or down - I like "cinderella stories" like Bournemouth etc., but I also like the "big" teams to play in the PL. Neither Stoke or WBA really falls in to either category at the moment. Would love for teams like Newcastle, Villa etc. to establish themselves once again as "big teams" though. Would make the league as a whole better. A bit too many cinderella stories at the moment IMO.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Why?

I get the Pulis-Stoke, but even if I don´t especially like Hughes I thought they often were a decent team - no worse than many of the "smaller" teams fighting to stay up.

Because they have Pejorative Slured supporters that boo a player for having his leg broken by their shit captain.

Reactions: All Might

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Why?

WBA is an odd one. They have stayed up, but without really much of an identity or much consistency anywhere. Got to be disappointing from a fan´s point of view how they haven´t really been able to take advantage of Villa being down.

I would much rather have teams like Villa, Leeds and Sunderland in the PL, but I don´t especially mind Stoke and WBA.

Not that I don´t really care that much who goes up or down - I like "cinderella stories" like Bournemouth etc., but I also like the "big" teams to play in the PL. Neither Stoke or WBA really falls in to either category at the moment. Would love for teams like Newcastle, Villa etc. to establish themselves once again as "big teams" though. Would make the league as a whole better. A bit too many cinderella stories at the moment IMO.
Wednesday, Leeds, Villa all big teams that should be in PL.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Personally I am pretty happy about the promotion/relegation scenario we are looking at.

No one is going to miss any of the teams that are going down.

Wolverhampton have crazy owners and the Portuguese connection. Cardiff may not have staying power but the games between them and Swansea are always fun. And then you have either Aston Villa or Fulham as favorites f lir the 3rd spot. I sign up for that.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Because they have ******ed supporters that boo a player for having his leg broken by their **** captain.

Don´t think they knew it was broken. Do get why Arsenalfans might hold a grudge towards the team though. As a Spursfan I saw Bale being hacked down time after time as well. That is the old Stoke.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Even if they didn't know it was broken, it was blatantly obvious that he was incredibly incredibly injured, and those Stoke fans were scummy as hell.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am very sorry for anybody who woke up and had to watch Arsenal and Stoke's first half of football. That was some of the worst football I've ever witnessed in my entire life. Semi-pro worthy.

Stoke had their chances the first half, but at least Arsenal decided to show up the second half and man Auba can score goals. Wonderful game by him.

Also Conte is getting fired, can't see anyway how he can keep his job now...

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Don´t think they knew it was broken. Do get why Arsenalfans might hold a grudge towards the team though. As a Spursfan I saw Bale being hacked down time after time as well. That is the old Stoke.
Fast forward 8 years and they're chanting "Aaron Ramsey - he walks with a limp".

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Fast forward 8 years and they're chanting "Aaron Ramsey - he walks with a limp".

I´m sure all Adebayor got was love for his service.

Personally I miss the old atmosphere at Britannia - they were passionate even if I´m sure some of the songs and behaviour went a bit over the top.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

Personally I miss the old atmosphere at Britannia - they were passionate even if I´m sure some of the songs and behaviour went a bit over the top.

This makes no sense. Adebayor didn't have his legs broke.

If you want to make a point on just vile chants maybe you should use Spurs' example with their gay chants against Sol Campbell.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Not even remotely comparable. Adebayor was a provocative prick - not to condemn what was chanted towards him.

No one will miss Stoke in the top flight except Stoke fans.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Savant PL TOTY

GK. David de Gea
RB. Kyle Walker
LB. Andrew Robertson
CB. James Tarkowski
CB. Jan Vertonghen
DM. Fernandinho
CM. David Silva