GWT: Premier League Round 32

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Jamie Vardy is better at scoring goals too. Is he a better striker?
No doubt there are other aspects of the striker position and there are different types of strikers, but Auba is just better than Firmino at all of them. The comparison is close though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Auba is super mediocre in build-up, whereas build-up is what Firmino does best.
Fair enough, however Auba doesn't really focus on the build up because he doesn't need to. His pace is needed to be a central factor in the creativity or scoring a goal towards the offside line. While in Pool, they don't need to rely on him as heavily as they have Mane and Pharaoh Welbeck on the sides. He only works at Liverpool because he fits like a glove, you put him on any other club and his productivity goes down. Auba has been on multiple clubs and keeps his tirade pace of goals and setting up goals. Thus, why I think he is the better player.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Fair enough, however Auba doesn't really focus on the build up because he doesn't need to. His pace is needed to be a central factor in the creativity or scoring a goal towards the offside line. While in Pool, they don't need to rely on him as heavily as they have Mane and Pharaoh Welbeck on the sides. He only works at Liverpool because he fits like a glove, you put him on any other club and his productivity goes down. Auba has been on multiple clubs and keeps his tirade pace of goals and setting up goals. Thus, why I think he is the better player.
Firmino scored and assisted more in league play at Hoffenheim than he has at Liverpool as a 22 year old. The only thing Aubameyang does better is score, but that makes sense given that Firmino is not a natural striker, and his main role isn't to score goals.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Firmino scored and assisted more in league play at Hoffenheim than he has at Liverpool as a 22 year old. The only thing Aubameyang does better is score, but that makes sense given that Firmino is not a natural striker, and his main role isn't to score goals.
And that's why Auba is the better striker...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not when you aren't using your striker as your main goal scorer.

Again, Vardy scores more goals too.
That's why I said he wouldn't be as effective on other teams, you put him on any EPL squad except City and he regresses. Just because he got a lot of stats at Hoffenheim doesn't mean too much for me, he got to play substantial and heavy minutes. Like I said, he's a damn good player, but he's just too inconsistent with high high's and low lows to be better than Auba.

Lol, you're comparing a player which you just admitted isn't a natural striker and saying he's a better overall striker than an actual striker.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I mean, it's different because you're projecting everyone else to stay on a flat track.

I wasn´t. Closing in means closing the gap. And with the current trajectory of Spurs I believe that will be true (not that Spurs will increase their turnover with 50m per year forever) even if the others will obviously also increase their turnover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad