GWT: Premier League Round 32

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool deserve to be down. Mane wouldn't be undeserving of getting a retroactive ban for that dive either. Mane is having one of those games where he made an early mistake (deflecting away Virgil's possibly goal bound header) and now is severely over compensating. Wouldn't be surprised if he saw Red today, but they aren't going to take him off while they are chasing.

Trent may have hit a wall, like Gomez hit earlier this season from playing too many games. Clyne may need to get up to speed quickly. Also I hate this midfield alignment when Liverpool are behind. Would put Lallana and Chamberlain on for Trent and Gini; with Milner going to RB sooner than later but I doubt that will happen.

Never trust Liverpool first game after the international break; especially when it's the earliest one That being said, they aren't doomed yet, but a loss to woy ruins my weekend.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool down 1 nil at half to palace.

Apparently Karius gave away a penalty and got a card for it, although I tuned in after it happened.
He did, and it was the correct call by the ref.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Wasn’t a penalty given so Mane won’t get a retroactive ban.

And yea TAA has been getting burned on that same play repeatedly. It’s the same one Rashford scored on and Zaha has beat him twice with it today. He just has to be better seeing that run and cutting off the inside.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wasn’t a penalty given so Mane won’t get a retroactive ban.

And yea TAA has been getting burned on that same play repeatedly. It’s the same one Rashford scored on and Zaha has beat him twice with it today. He just has to be better seeing that run and cutting off the inside.
Yeah. Trent was able to handle that when he came back into the side when Gomez was tired. Now Trent is more than a bit gassed and Gomez was going back into form, but of course Gomez got hurt with England so there's that

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Arguement can be made Liverpool should have gotten a PK there for Martin Kelly doing an impression of his former team mate Martin Skrtel trying to steal Virgil's shirt in the box. Would have probably been a bit soft for my liking but we've seen that get called

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I mean he literally reaches out and pulls the ball back away from the palace player at the edge of the box. Either you have to call a foul on the attacker or you have to give Mane a second yellow.

To give a handball but not a card is a horrible reffing job.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Was right about what two subs were coming on. Klopp had to take Mane off before he saw Red today. Going to pat myself on the back for my halftime analysis today.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Those are the type of refereeing decisions that I really have a problem with. It's not a mistake; he bottled out of making a big decision or he fundamentally doesn't understand a basic rule. There isn't a middle ground. Either way, he shouldn't be refereeing in the EPL.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Those are the type of refereeing decisions that I really have a problem with. It's not a mistake; he bottled out of making a big decision or he fundamentally doesn't understand a basic rule. There isn't a middle ground. Either way, he shouldn't be refereeing in the EPL.
Ref called a very fair 1st half. This 2nd half he has been bad for both teams.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lallana is done. Probably for the season.

Lovren coming on, 3 at the back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad