GWT: Premier League Round 3

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
So has ManUnited just had the good fortune to play terrible teams in the first two round or are the actually pretty good? It seems to me it's the latter.

They basically dominated the **** out of Leicester between 10 min - 70ish and even after they got their goal, they still looked better, Leicester just opened up more. And Leicester are supposed to be a fairly good team, mid-table at least I'd say.

So I'd assume that it's because they're very good. I would also completely expect a smarter team to be able to exploit them through the middle by making good runs as their midfield is a bit susceptible. Bailly is pretty aggressive and broke up a lot of plays before they developed and they had a fairly high line but good luck doing that against a better team.

Brighton-Palace will go down...both teams are absolute garbage.

This surely has to do with De Boer forcing a certain playing style that will result in disaster more than it does with Palace being garbage. Bit too ambitious going after a coach like that, probably should've kept an Allardyce type around, this was predictable.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They basically dominated the **** out of Leicester between 10 min - 70ish and even after they got their goal, they still looked better, Leicester just opened up more. And Leicester are supposed to be a fairly good team, mid-table at least I'd say.

So I'd assume that it's because they're very good. I would also completely expect a smarter team to be able to exploit them through the middle by making good runs as their midfield is a bit susceptible. Bailly is pretty aggressive and broke up a lot of plays before they developed and they had a fairly high line but good luck doing that against a better team.

This surely has to do with De Boer forcing a certain playing style that will result in disaster more than it does with Palace being garbage. Bit too ambitious going after a coach like that, probably should've kept an Allardyce type around, this was predictable.

Matic is the one who's broken up plays more and shouls the need to rise for a more defensive formation, Mata can easily be substituted for Herrera.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Definitely a combination of Chelsea controlling the play and Everton looking tired. Kante and Fabregas have had complete control in the midfield so far.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
I concur, dominant performance today.

RB put everybody onside on Morata goal.

Also: Richard Buxton ✔ @RichardBuxton_
Change of referee at Anfield today with Craig Pawson replacing Martin Atkinson #LFC #AFC
9:03 AM - Aug 27, 2017

Pawson is absolutely brutal...but At least he doesnt support Pool like Atkinson

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Morata might have been an inch offside. Or maybe not. In this case, good reffing letting the play develop.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Pawson is absolutely brutal...but At least he doesnt support Pool like Atkinson

Atkinson no where near supports LFC. He has been in charge of some shockers officiating them.

I will say that the one thing that I have consistently noticed about Atkinson, is that he tends to favor the home team.

But yeah Pawson isn't great either.

Karius in goal. Moreno and Gomez starting at fullback. Arsenal should win this.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Atkinson no where near supports LFC. He has been in charge of some shockers officiating them.

I will say that the one thing that I have consistently noticed about Atkinson, is that he tends to favor the home team.

My faith in Arsenal is gone...i Captained Mane and replaced Aguero with Firminho in FPL

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

No way. Gomez is an allstar player.

Besides, an in all seriousness, Arsenal is really not looking good. Easy win for Pool.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Cech, Holding, Monreal, Koscielny, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Xhaka, Bellerín, Ramsey, Sánchez, Özil, Welbeck

Good lord..... playing RWB at LWB instead of SEO...
Dropping Lacazette for Wellbeck...

Great stuff Wenger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad