GWT: Premier League Round 3

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Really don't think Sterling deserved that second yellow. He went over to their supporters. Players do that all the time. Not his fault some were idiots.

What specific event even caused the red card? Is it just in general a yellow if you celebrate with fans that jump on to the sidelines?

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Bournemouth spent most of the game fouling and time wasting, they deserved to lose by a bigger margin.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Also the funny part is the foul called on Bournemouth guy at minute 96....was a clean tackle on City Defense and they score right after..

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Also the funny part is the foul called on Bournemouth guy at minute 96....was a clean tackle on City Defense and they score right after..

Yeah absolutely. I thought the whistle should have been blown before that even happened. City take it quick and steal 3 points.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He didnt take his shirt off

I know. I'm just saying it's an example of the automatic yellow cards you get for having fun.

Still better than the NFL though when it comes to punishing cellys

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
I know. I'm just saying it's an example of the automatic yellow cards you get for having fun.

Still better than the NFL though when it comes to punishing cellys
What is this automatic yellow card? For running towards the supporters?

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
C2IFLcvWEAAjLJE.jpg:large

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Yea I thought that looked like a clean tackle and Bournemouth would have been on 2 on 1.

Dean made several key mistakes at the end, some went against Bournemouth some went against City.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Nathan Ake should have gotten a red card early in the match. Textbook red card

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Is it a straight red if he went past the security and took his shirt off

I mean, technically you can get two yellows on the same play and taking the shirt off and joining the crowd are two separate actions....but that'd be pretty poor reffing. General rule of thumb is not to punish a player a second time before you've cautioned them about the action a first time.

Kinda similar to a player making two yellow worthy tackles on a single play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad