GWT: Premier League Round 3

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by Live in the Now, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Savant

Savant Registered User

If Coutinho comes back to Liverpool with his head on straight, he will lead the league is assists spamming through balls to Mane and Salah

2. Live in the Now

Live in the Now Registered User

Awards:
    Not durable enough to play that much.

3. Live in the Now

Awards:
    I think it affects them somewhat, but it affects the opponents far more. Every English player in the country wants to play at Wembley, it's one of their main goals. Most of them will only play there one time, so they're going to give the performance of their life. The away supporters will be of similar mindset in terms of looking forward to these games. The Burnley's of the world and other teams that have mostly English players will probably never get back there.

The home team is mostly affected by having to travel to every game. Not much of an actual distance but with London traffic there's definitely some commute there. It's still early days but eventually the players will get tired of it.

I do not know how the "home" team can play with any sort of consistency under those circumstances. The mental aspect of the game will be what costs Tottenham points this year, and it would take a heroic achievement in man management for them to reach their goals.

4. Creed Bratton

Creed Bratton Registered User

Biznus
    Thank god i couldn't watch Spurs today. ****ing ****show. Can't believe I thought Kieran Trippier could be a decent starter. Lazy, can't defend, can't dribble or run past players, etc.

5. booyakasha

booyakasha Registered User

It isn't just Xhaka, but wow, is he a standout of the bunch.
    You know my feelings for Ramsey, so there's that, and you think Ox would fare better at CM?...negative, sell him, as he isn't of quality.
    Arsenal are in the state they are, because players like Ox are regulars.

I don't get it....Lacazette, Kolasinac on the bench. Welbeck to lead the line.:laugh:
    the tactics have become amusiing at this point.

6. YNWA14

YNWA14 Onbreekbaar

Arsenal are on the same level as Liverpool. Or something. Firmino is overrated and Gomez/Lovren are terrible. This team is worse than last season etc.

7. S E P H

S E P H @SEPH_WHL

WHL
    I kind of disagree, Gu(oo)nner fans clearly saw the the midfield as an area of weakness even after the Lacazette signing. Robbie on ATV, who's not a Wenger-out has been criticizing Wenger's transfer policies since early July. But Xhaka was beautiful during preseason which obviously made Arsene reluctant to buy anyone else.

Thus it was the perfect storm. Robbie Earle said it the best during the postgame show, we don't know if this Arsenal team is good enough for top 4 anymore.

As I said last week it's hard to blame just one or two players when you have that dinosaur as the manager. Xhaka might look better if Wenger didn't give him **** tactics an. Bellerin might look better if he actually played his position and put Monreal on the wings. This might seem hypocritical considering how I bash Ozil, but the problem I have with Ozil isn't a lack of talent or Wenger putting him in wrong positions because he plays LM and LCM for Germany, but his work ethic and scared. He's so ****ing scared to win a 50/50 ball even if his life was in jeopardy. Ramsey was pathetic and him talking to the sideline during the 1st goal and being a striker for Pool's second goal shows how truly bad he was. But how the **** does Wenger give him that much free roaming ability for the pitch? So it's hard to put all the blame on Ramsey because he can GET away with it.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  8. bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223 Registered User

Ozil is such a waste.

9. Live in the Now

Awards:
    Feel bad for Wenger after watching the post-match interview. Always had a lot of respect for him and obviously he's known and forgotten more about the game than anyone here, but I think the 2017 version of this game has passed him by. I don't know if he knows it or not, but his reaction sure seemed like he does.

10. TheMoreYouKnow

TheMoreYouKnow Registered User

I don't feel bad for him at all. He had a chance to leave in May with his final Arsenal memory the hoisting of a Cup in the Wembley sunshine. He clung to power like a Middle Eastern despot instead and he rode it out and came back. How many bad defeats have there been the last few years where it seemed like Wenger was 'lost' or 'on his way out' but he always just waited it out and took the chance in a good moment to secure his continued employment. Why would it be different this time?

11. hagelin1381

hagelin1381 Registered User

Yeah, I think they're ****ed this season. They scalped everyone that they faced at WHL, but now they're dropping points vs Burnley.. They need to adjust to Wembley, and fast

12. InAbsensia

InAbsensia OMG Boro is going to be our captain isn't he?

Editor
    Yep. There's no doubt he has a done a lot for the game and so on but he's alienating players, misplaying them and just awful these days.
    It is high time for him to do, hopefully we get thrashed (and, please forces of luck, relegated?) so that we can move on. This is basically turning into the Murray era in Ottawa, except Wenger has actually won something in his life with a stacked team.

13. Suiteness

Suiteness Registered User

Home Page:
    Sadio Mane = Best player in the EPL imo.

14. Very Stable Genius

Very Stable Genius #WeLostOurKarlssons

"We sold our backup fullback for $45M HAHAHA"

Maybe you shouldn't have Spurs...

15. mmk786

mmk786 Registered User

haha where is the guy who was arguing Trippier is better than Kyle Walker?

16. S E P H

S E P H @SEPH_WHL

WHL
    What incriminating dirty blackmail photos does Arsene Wenger have on Gary Neville?

This guy isn't a doofus by any degree, but is conducting self-inflicting wounds to his intelligence to make it on par with Ty's level with his insane pro-Wenger agenda. At least it wasn't more than 4. :laugh::facepalm: omg.

17. Nalens Oga

Nalens Oga Registered User

I know everyone ripping on Arsenal but Everton were terrible today. Maybe it has to do with having played a few days ago but still, a bit of a gutless performance, their midfield did nothing, forwards weren't very good at holding the ball, and they kept their shape decently well defensively but Chelsea got it done. Didn't even get a touch in the 18 yard box till the 2nd half I believe and only real threat came late in the game. Cracked like eggs under any pressure when they got the ball into Chelsea's half.

They're expected to compete with the top 6 but the two Prem games I've seen from them haven't really suggested that and I wouldn't be surprised if a Leicester or Southampton pips them for 7th either.

18. Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon Dybalascibar

I love these videos, hilarious after Arsenal humiliating defeats. Is it just those two? I'm kinda getting the feeling their staged. That black dude sounds insane.

19. S E P H

S E P H @SEPH_WHL

WHL
    Oh those are not even the best D2M. Ty is a humongous Wenger homer, he normally makes excuses and tends to blame the players more often then not. And he has an Arsenal water-bottle which he drinks almost every game. The comments about Ty are always savage.

Leg 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeM4c7lTeMY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcbykRVcn7Y

Leg 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkOr9E5IetY&
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CgbTHJ5ksc&

Arsenal is loaded with them considering the amount of times we've been destroyed the last five years or so.

20. hagelin1381

hagelin1381 Registered User

Yep.. They have Europa league football too now, and spending a whole lot of money to overhaul your team rarely works usually.. Sold their best player and the best they could do for replacing him was Sandro.. I don't know what Everton were doing in this transfer window at all

21. Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon Dybalascibar

Oh yeah, forgot about the one crying.:laugh:

22. Shrimper

Shrimper Trick or ruddy treat

Home Page:
    Neville said the whole squad should be transfer listed around HT. He didn't hold back.

23. Fro

Fro Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

I don't think that was me...I did agree with the notion that Tripp had made him expendable. But we're finding that Tripp is better as a spot duty, solid sub.

24. Live in the Now

Awards:
    Newcastle's kits this year are a disaster. Can't read the numbers.

25. Adele Dazeem

Adele Dazeem Registered User

Stocks and Stuff
    Don't kid yourself, Arsenal on paper are as talented as Liverpool. They just have a senile coach who has most likely lost the room and the patience of his players. Did you watch the game against Leicester? The team showed signs of rebellion and came back from being down twice. Now this isn't to downgrade Liverpool; they're a great side and should challenge for the title, but to imply that Arsenal are below them is a bit overzealous. Lovren and Gomez (and the whole backline) don't stand a chance against tougher matchups btw.