GWT: Premier League Round 3

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Coutinho comes back to Liverpool with his head on straight, he will lead the league is assists spamming through balls to Mane and Salah

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Some Spurs fans completely dismissed the notion that the move to Wembley would affect them.

I think it affects them somewhat, but it affects the opponents far more. Every English player in the country wants to play at Wembley, it's one of their main goals. Most of them will only play there one time, so they're going to give the performance of their life. The away supporters will be of similar mindset in terms of looking forward to these games. The Burnley's of the world and other teams that have mostly English players will probably never get back there.

The home team is mostly affected by having to travel to every game. Not much of an actual distance but with London traffic there's definitely some commute there. It's still early days but eventually the players will get tired of it.

I do not know how the "home" team can play with any sort of consistency under those circumstances. The mental aspect of the game will be what costs Tottenham points this year, and it would take a heroic achievement in man management for them to reach their goals.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Thank god i couldn't watch Spurs today. ****ing ****show. Can't believe I thought Kieran Trippier could be a decent starter. Lazy, can't defend, can't dribble or run past players, etc.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Again targeting just one player? How was Ozil's ball control today? How was Ramsey as a BxB today? How was Sanchez? Ox? Every single one except maybe Cech and Koscielny were awful today. I do agree that Xhaka "preseason" form is long gone and should absolutely be dropped and sold at the first sight, but that list includes Ozil and Ramsey as far as I am concerned. I much rather have Coquelin playing now and maybe try Ox as a CM again. You can't get as worst as what has already happened this season. A GD that's tied with Brighton, LMAO.

Don't let the German fans see this, this might interfere with their superior logic that Bundesliga is a better league even though Mustafi and Ozil didn't come from it.

I still have faith in Zelalem, he's a decent prospect and considering Arsenal's midfield woes, we obviously should give him a chance now.

Holding is just 21 years old, playing in a game that he clearly shouldn't be playing in. Mustafi should have started. Giroud has an insane goal scoring streak coming off the bench. I want to keep him even with some of the criticism I said in the past. Arsenal as a squad are built for him and his holding the ball qualities. Players like Lacazette and Welbeck look like they're on an island because of Wenger's tactics, formation, and player strengths he has brought in.

Bluesfan94 and I believe RareJewel are both pro-Wengers if I recall correctly. Both I highly respect, but both need to come to their senses.

It isn't just Xhaka, but wow, is he a standout of the bunch.
You know my feelings for Ramsey, so there's that, and you think Ox would fare better at CM?...negative, sell him, as he isn't of quality.
Arsenal are in the state they are, because players like Ox are regulars.

I don't get it....Lacazette, Kolasinac on the bench. Welbeck to lead the line.:laugh:
the tactics have become amusiing at this point.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Arsenal are on the same level as Liverpool. Or something. Firmino is overrated and Gomez/Lovren are terrible. This team is worse than last season etc.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Both those charts are outdated. The Arsenal boom bust is more along the lines of their fans getting excited every summer only for the season to start and reality to hit. They'll eventually put together some good results, but Arsenal fans seem to be totally aware of the weaknesses their team has now. There are definitely no more illusions for their supporters.

Sometimes Wenger will drop points the first few weeks by resting players, but that definitely wasn't the cause of any points dropped this season, so this is a worst nightmare type of start. Also they should have dropped points to Leicester.
I kind of disagree, Gu(oo)nner fans clearly saw the the midfield as an area of weakness even after the Lacazette signing. Robbie on ATV, who's not a Wenger-out has been criticizing Wenger's transfer policies since early July. But Xhaka was beautiful during preseason which obviously made Arsene reluctant to buy anyone else.

Thus it was the perfect storm. Robbie Earle said it the best during the postgame show, we don't know if this Arsenal team is good enough for top 4 anymore.

It isn't just Xhaka, but wow, is he a standout of the bunch.
You know my feelings for Ramsey, so there's that, and you think Ox would fare better at CM?...negative, sell him, as he isn't of quality.
Arsenal are in the state they are, because players like Ox are regulars.

I don't get it....Lacazette, Kolasinac on the bench. Welbeck to lead the line.:laugh:
the tactics have become amusiing at this point.
As I said last week it's hard to blame just one or two players when you have that dinosaur as the manager. Xhaka might look better if Wenger didn't give him **** tactics an. Bellerin might look better if he actually played his position and put Monreal on the wings. This might seem hypocritical considering how I bash Ozil, but the problem I have with Ozil isn't a lack of talent or Wenger putting him in wrong positions because he plays LM and LCM for Germany, but his work ethic and scared. He's so ****ing scared to win a 50/50 ball even if his life was in jeopardy. Ramsey was pathetic and him talking to the sideline during the 1st goal and being a striker for Pool's second goal shows how truly bad he was. But how the **** does Wenger give him that much free roaming ability for the pitch? So it's hard to put all the blame on Ramsey because he can GET away with it.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Feel bad for Wenger after watching the post-match interview. Always had a lot of respect for him and obviously he's known and forgotten more about the game than anyone here, but I think the 2017 version of this game has passed him by. I don't know if he knows it or not, but his reaction sure seemed like he does.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I don't feel bad for him at all. He had a chance to leave in May with his final Arsenal memory the hoisting of a Cup in the Wembley sunshine. He clung to power like a Middle Eastern despot instead and he rode it out and came back. How many bad defeats have there been the last few years where it seemed like Wenger was 'lost' or 'on his way out' but he always just waited it out and took the chance in a good moment to secure his continued employment. Why would it be different this time?

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I don't feel bad for him at all. He had a chance to leave in May with his final Arsenal memory the hoisting of a Cup in the Wembley sunshine. He clung to power like a Middle Eastern despot instead and he rode it out and came back. How many bad defeats have there been the last few years where it seemed like Wenger was 'lost' or 'on his way out' but he always just waited it out and took the chance in a good moment to secure his continued employment. Why would it be different this time?

Yep. There's no doubt he has a done a lot for the game and so on but he's alienating players, misplaying them and just awful these days.
It is high time for him to do, hopefully we get thrashed (and, please forces of luck, relegated?) so that we can move on. This is basically turning into the Murray era in Ottawa, except Wenger has actually won something in his life with a stacked team.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What incriminating dirty blackmail photos does Arsene Wenger have on Gary Neville?

This guy isn't a doofus by any degree, but is conducting self-inflicting wounds to his intelligence to make it on par with Ty's level with his insane pro-Wenger agenda. At least it wasn't more than 4. :laugh::facepalm: omg.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I know everyone ripping on Arsenal but Everton were terrible today. Maybe it has to do with having played a few days ago but still, a bit of a gutless performance, their midfield did nothing, forwards weren't very good at holding the ball, and they kept their shape decently well defensively but Chelsea got it done. Didn't even get a touch in the 18 yard box till the 2nd half I believe and only real threat came late in the game. Cracked like eggs under any pressure when they got the ball into Chelsea's half.

They're expected to compete with the top 6 but the two Prem games I've seen from them haven't really suggested that and I wouldn't be surprised if a Leicester or Southampton pips them for 7th either.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What incriminating dirty blackmail photos does Arsene Wenger have on Gary Neville?

This guy isn't a doofus by any degree, but is conducting self-inflicting wounds to his intelligence to make it on par with Ty's level with his insane pro-Wenger agenda. At least it wasn't more than 4. :laugh::facepalm: omg.

I love these videos, hilarious after Arsenal humiliating defeats. Is it just those two? I'm kinda getting the feeling their staged. That black dude sounds insane.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I love these videos, hilarious after Arsenal humiliating defeats. Is it just those two? I'm kinda getting the feeling their staged. That black dude sounds insane.

Oh those are not even the best D2M. Ty is a humongous Wenger homer, he normally makes excuses and tends to blame the players more often then not. And he has an Arsenal water-bottle which he drinks almost every game. The comments about Ty are always savage.

Leg 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeM4c7lTeMY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcbykRVcn7Y

Leg 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkOr9E5IetY&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CgbTHJ5ksc&

Arsenal is loaded with them considering the amount of times we've been destroyed the last five years or so.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
I know everyone ripping on Arsenal but Everton were terrible today. Maybe it has to do with having played a few days ago but still, a bit of a gutless performance, their midfield did nothing, forwards weren't very good at holding the ball, and they kept their shape decently well defensively but Chelsea got it done. Didn't even get a touch in the 18 yard box till the 2nd half I believe and only real threat came late in the game. Cracked like eggs under any pressure when they got the ball into Chelsea's half.

They're expected to compete with the top 6 but the two Prem games I've seen from them haven't really suggested that and I wouldn't be surprised if a Leicester or Southampton pips them for 7th either.

Yep.. They have Europa league football too now, and spending a whole lot of money to overhaul your team rarely works usually.. Sold their best player and the best they could do for replacing him was Sandro.. I don't know what Everton were doing in this transfer window at all

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Oh those are not even the best D2M. Ty is a humongous Wenger homer, he normally makes excuses and tends to blame the players more often then not. And he has an Arsenal water-bottle which he drinks almost every game. The comments about Ty are always savage.

Leg 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeM4c7lTeMY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcbykRVcn7Y

Leg 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkOr9E5IetY&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CgbTHJ5ksc&

Arsenal is loaded with them considering the amount of times we've been destroyed the last five years or so.

Oh yeah, forgot about the one crying.:laugh:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

Neville said the whole squad should be transfer listed around HT. He didn't hold back.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
haha where is the guy who was arguing Trippier is better than Kyle Walker?

I don't think that was me...I did agree with the notion that Tripp had made him expendable. But we're finding that Tripp is better as a spot duty, solid sub.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Arsenal are on the same level as Liverpool. Or something. Firmino is overrated and Gomez/Lovren are terrible. This team is worse than last season etc.

Don't kid yourself, Arsenal on paper are as talented as Liverpool. They just have a senile coach who has most likely lost the room and the patience of his players. Did you watch the game against Leicester? The team showed signs of rebellion and came back from being down twice. Now this isn't to downgrade Liverpool; they're a great side and should challenge for the title, but to imply that Arsenal are below them is a bit overzealous. Lovren and Gomez (and the whole backline) don't stand a chance against tougher matchups btw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad