GWT: Premier League Round 3

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ox was completely Garbo today. But understandable of his injury history and his medical in a few days when transferring to Chelsea/Liverpool. Play not to get hurt

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Can played with some sort of injury coming into last season right? Towards the last months of previous season and the beginning of this season hes been fantastic imo. Give hom the pay rise that he want, keep Juventus out!

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I didn't want to say anything about the Welbeck yellow card, but I see that given a yellow card all the time. Players can't go in on other players during their follow through.

Yeah I've seen it given. I've also seen it not given. When the follow through is across the body and the tackle isn't that late, making that an automatic yellow discourages closing down when you can just randomly kick the ball and person closing down on you and get them a yellow.

Ymmv

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You're speaking in absolutes. They're both in the same range.

But Liverpool supporters are known for premature ejaculation.

What a gross, unnecessary sentence.

2afk40o.jpg

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
The real Liverpool boom-bust cycle now under Klopp is:

Boom: Liverpool demolish a modern, high level risk-taking attacking-oriented team. The sky is the limit, Anfield is glowing.
Bust: Liverpool lose 0-1 to a relegation-threatened team, conceding a goal after a set piece and struggling the rest of the game to break down the opposition. Team seems clueless as to what to do differently, but no problem there's a match vs Man City on the horizon..

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
from the Evening Standard....with the one of the most telling paragraphs" :

"The powerful Sead Kolasinac was dropped as part of the ongoing charm offensive to convince Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to stay. Arsenal supporters might have wondered why on earth so much energy is being expended on keeping the 24-year-old."

I bet you now that if Oxlade-Chamberlain moves to Liverpool or Chelsea he will look like a better player within two months. There's plenty of evidence with how Wijnaldum plays now and how Henderson plays after Klopp showed up to know this is probably true.

His job here was to mark Mane. Arsenal hardly ever formed any attacks from the right side, so I assume that was his job. Wenger might be the only person on Earth who thinks he can do that.

The one thing that sticks with me about this game is that even the best Liverpool teams a decade ago, ones that went to the CL Final would never play a good game against Arsenal and would always get blown out. The tables have turned. The attractive football Arsenal plays is more easy to disrupt due to changes in defensive mentality, and it also needs to be said that almost every team tries to play similar attractive football now. Some exceptions out there, but definitely the vast majority of English teams try to do so. They're not doing anything special tactically anymore.

Boom: Liverpool demolish a modern, high level risk-taking attacking-oriented team. The sky is the limit, Anfield is glowing.
Bust: Liverpool lose 0-1 to a relegation-threatened team, conceding a goal after a set piece and struggling the rest of the game to break down the opposition. Team seems clueless as to what to do differently, but no problem there's a match vs Man City on the horizon..

Yep, pretty much.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The best game Liverpool have played under Klopp with backup at FB and GK.

Amazing display.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Accurate.

Somehow more worried about Newcastle than Arsenal

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
bd00ac2eb0d3785d4807c9a634c0cbe6--quotes-by-albert-einstein-personal-growth-quotes.jpg

I haven't gone through the thread, but...It is official, it's absolute, it's unadulterated; Arsenal ARE NOT going anywhere with Wenger as the manager or if he doesn't preform a complete 180° in managerial philosophy. I'm going to use strong words; anyone who is pro-Wenger is an ****ing idiot. It's as simple as that - when a sixteen year old can create better tactics and formation in a FIFA game, you know you're lost mentally.

However, I am not going to be a sore loser as I gotta give a lot of credit to Liverpool. They ran our ***** off the pitch to the ground and of course were the mightier side even with that back line and backup goalkeeper. They absolutely deserved every minute and second of it and looked they should be Arsenal again in the top 4.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
bd00ac2eb0d3785d4807c9a634c0cbe6--quotes-by-albert-einstein-personal-growth-quotes.jpg

I haven't gone through the thread, but...It is official, it's absolute, it's unadulterated; Arsenal ARE NOT going anywhere with Wenger as the manager or if he doesn't preform a complete 180° in managerial philosophy. I'm going to use strong words; anyone who is pro-Wenger is an ****ing idiot. It's as simple as that - when a sixteen year old can create better tactics and formation in a FIFA game, you know you're lost mentally.

However, I am not going to be a sore loser as I gotta give a lot of credit to Liverpool. They ran our ***** off the pitch to the ground and of course were the mightier side even with that back line and backup goalkeeper. They absolutely deserved every minute and second of it and looked they should be Arsenal again in the top 4.

I've yet to see a pro Wenger post on here in the the last few years.
don't know where you get there is a pro-Wenger member on here.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I will say that the goalkeeper gamble was a master stroke. Karius now has confidence he didn't, and they won without him having to do much. Mignolet is not happy, but makes him sharper (he didn't look great against Hoffenheim).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
not much left to say.
but Xhaka, man....how was I wsrong about this guy? just a brilliant footballer.
Again targeting just one player? How was Ozil's ball control today? How was Ramsey as a BxB today? How was Sanchez? Ox? Every single one except maybe Cech and Koscielny were awful today. I do agree that Xhaka "preseason" form is long gone and should absolutely be dropped and sold at the first sight, but that list includes Ozil and Ramsey as far as I am concerned. I much rather have Coquelin playing now and maybe try Ox as a CM again. You can't get as worst as what has already happened this season. A GD that's tied with Brighton, LMAO.

Wenger's dip in german players/german market has been bad the last few years.
Mustafi, Xhaka, Mertesacker, Ozil, Podolski, Gnabry, Eisfeld, Siemann, Zelalem, etc...
So much money, so few results. Not bad players per se (at least not all), but clearly never fit at Arsenal.
Don't let the German fans see this, this might interfere with their superior logic that Bundesliga is a better league even though Mustafi and Ozil didn't come from it.

I still have faith in Zelalem, he's a decent prospect and considering Arsenal's midfield woes, we obviously should give him a chance now.

Never heard of this holdignfella but he looks trash. Should be playing for a mid table team. Giroud too.
Holding is just 21 years old, playing in a game that he clearly shouldn't be playing in. Mustafi should have started. Giroud has an insane goal scoring streak coming off the bench. I want to keep him even with some of the criticism I said in the past. Arsenal as a squad are built for him and his holding the ball qualities. Players like Lacazette and Welbeck look like they're on an island because of Wenger's tactics, formation, and player strengths he has brought in.

I've yet to see a pro Wenger post on here in the the last few years.
don't know where you get there is a pro-Wenger member on here.
Bluesfan94 and I believe RareJewel are both pro-Wengers if I recall correctly. Both I highly respect, but both need to come to their senses.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Except Arsenal are notorious bottlers who have blown any chance at the league come January year after year. Enjoy that 4th place trophy. Oh wait.

Yet they've been able to finish ahead of Liverpool for so many years even after bottling it.

Way to reinforce Jussi's pic.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Both those charts are outdated. The Arsenal boom bust is more along the lines of their fans getting excited every summer only for the season to start and reality to hit. They'll eventually put together some good results, but Arsenal fans seem to be totally aware of the weaknesses their team has now. There are definitely no more illusions for their supporters.

Sometimes Wenger will drop points the first few weeks by resting players, but that definitely wasn't the cause of any points dropped this season, so this is a worst nightmare type of start. Also they should have dropped points to Leicester.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad