GWT: Premier League Round 27

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Just name me more than 2 lucky results...

Off the top of my head games they had a ton of luck to win or get a result:

Tottenham last week, the Man City win, tie at Arsenal, Leicester

Also got two ridiculous calls against WBA but still flubbed that one.

There are other games in which they were outplayed and got points but every team does that so we can let those results pass.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah the tie at Arsenal where Mignolet crapped his pants and lost those points by himself. See, you really don't watch.

Mignolet tried to do the same at Leicester as well. Hilarious series of posts here.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Yeah the tie at Arsenal where Mignolet crapped his pants and lost those points by himself. See, you really don't watch.

Mignolet tried to do the same at Leicester as well. Hilarious series of posts here.

I did watch and the defense was awful in both games. Another case where the Mignolet errors somehow negate the god awful defense that led to them in Liverpool fans minds.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Again you definitely don't watch. Mignolet dropped long shots into the goal. I'm totally done with you until you turn your TV on.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I kinda disagree. Bertrand, Hoedt, Soares, Lemina and Romeu are often quality. Entire team is just underperforming.
Agreed. I'm shocked that Southampton is as low as they are. They've a number of quality players. Maybe not for top teams but definitely not championship level.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I hope he gets a rest. He needs it bad. Especially at 0-2
He does. He's an engine but he's been run into the ground this season. The work he puts in is amazing. That said even in a game where he's been very off he ends up with a bunch of tackles, a goal and an assist and still does a great job of pressing. I'm not complaining.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No, they beat a pretty bad team. That being said Salah and Firmino are unquestionably great. Karius and van Dijk better than what they had before. Good to see Alexander-Arnold continue to impress. All anyone can take away from this game are those things.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
No, they beat a pretty bad team. That being said Salah and Firmino are unquestionably great. Karius and van Dijk better than what they had before. Good to see Alexander-Arnold continue to impress. All anyone can take away from this game are those things.
Indeed.

Trent has looked fantastic the last two games. I had to leave for Soccer and just caught up on the rest of the game. Not too much in this one...but Firmino's pass to Salah for the second goal was very wow. The whole play was just really nice to watch. Firmino and Salah together is going to be hard on any team; they're such a great combo.

It'll be interesting to see if Karius can continue to gain confidence. It took Firmino a season to really start flourishing for Liverpool, and given Karius broke his hand amongst other things maybe it's just a matter of he was in poor form before. If he can reach the levels that they spoke of him in Germany we may not need a big keeper signing as Ward has some potential also.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It also needs to be pointed out that if City didn't go crazy in the summer window this would be one of the best title races ever. United, Liverpool, Spurs, and Chelsea all within 6 points of each other.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Wait I thought Karius needed to be replaced. Genuinely curious but what's Liverpool fans' thoughts on him? I remember multiple fans saying that he needed to be replaced and that he is comparable to Mignolet.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He hasn't gotten a chance to play many games in a row. When he wasn't playing every week he was terrible. Now that he's playing every week he looks pretty good.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
It remains to be seen what he is exactly. He's never had an extended period of games.

Since we already know exactly what Mignolet is, and that he's not good enough, it makes sense to give Karius a trial run to prove himself.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
Giroud created some space on the goal, but, he missed on a perfect set up from Hazard. Hazard and Giroud seem to have some chemistry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad