GWT: Premier League round 26

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Okay, but that's not the case the assistant was making and I need to believe he's on top of the one rule that governs 90% of his job.

My interpretation of what he was saying is, "I saw Lovren make a play on the ball. Did he touch it? Because if he did it's a penalty."

There is nothing in that conversation for you to declare in your interpretation "I saw Lovren make a play on the ball".

Several times both Moss and assistant asked each other if they saw Lovren play the ball. If one of them had seen it, they could then, as you are saying, assert their observation as authority.

It looks like both referee and linesman were unsure if Lovren played the ball, and yet still used this in dispute fact against the clear evidence of Kane's offside position.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Bakayoko nearly gave Watford a Dier-esque pass.

He's been pretty woeful. Just lost a ball and then jumped on the poor lad's leg.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Bakayoko with the most disgraceful performance I've seen for a Chelsea player since Cahill's travesty in our last game.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Welp, Bakayoko's off. Maybe it'll help Chelsea because he was playing very, very badly (though I think the second yellow was a little harsh).

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
sure it was harsh, but you don't do that when you're on a second yellow.. you're putting the referee in a situation where he has to make a call

no complaints about it

terrible performance. absolutely dreadful.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
That's a carbon copy of the penalty in the Liverpool game

I don't know why Courtois did that. Yeah you barely touched him but you're putting the referee in a spot to make a decision.

AND yeah, now we are officially in crisis.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There was contact. It wasn't a carbon copy -- way more contact than the Kane dive (though I still think that Delofeu was looking for the penalty). This one is a bit more unlucky on Courtois's part because the ball goes through his arms and then he catches the player afterward.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
There was contact. It wasn't a carbon copy -- way more contact than the Kane dive
lol

both were minimal contact situations mate call it like it is

and, both penalties every day of the week

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So Lallana put one of Tottenham’s u-23 players in a headlock during his rehab game. Red card was given.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Do U23 cards count towards other FA games? Or are senior and other apps fully separate?
They shouldn’t. Apparently Wilshere did something similar and he wasn’t banned for any senior games. That’s all I’ve got though.

Added a link above.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
See what Moses did is so much more dangerous than some other plays. I don't know why that isn't just as bad as missing a tackle with studs up.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Kante has been average for weeks, if not more...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad