GWT: Premier League Round 16

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe, you should stick to your overrating of marginal players at Liverpool.

Also lol at every pundit comment. Fact is Liverpool lacked the killer mentality and the ****** defender cost Pool another game. The ref had little to do with Lovern putting his hands on the attacker.
I blame Mane for not passing, and Klopps subs before I go to the red/Lovren for sure today.

Liverpool May or may not have marginal players, but only one team tried to play today. Which is all fair and good, but if Liverpool’s players are marginal what are everton’s

Reactions: Ar-too

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I blame Mane for not passing, and Klopps subs before I go to the red/Lovren for sure today.

Liverpool May or may not have marginal players, but only one team tried to play today. Which is all fair and good, but if Liverpool’s players are marginal what are everton’s

Fair play to Liverpool but just judging by how much one team spends, that should be expected. I don't mind them at all I actually was "cheering" for them to win it. However, they did not choke this game because of the ref.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
“Of all the challenges in this game, and only one team is playing [football], you give such a penalty, that’s unbelievable,” he said.
“Calvert-Lewin makes it smart, but he makes a step in this direction and even then it’s nothing. Now one team can celebrate, probably, and we can’t.
“I cannot believe that [Pawson], in a game like this, when only one team is trying over 95 minutes to do everything to win it, opened the door for them like this.
“It is, in my understanding, not OK. [Lovren] doesn’t make a challenge, Calvert-Lewin makes a step [towards him].”
When Davison provided his view that while the decision was soft, the penalty call was warranted, Klopp dismissed the interviewer’s credentials.
“We can stop the interview, because I only want to speak with someone who has a little bit of understanding of football,” he said.

Savage and true from Klopp. All the other things aside.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So, Klopp wants to be rewarded for trying to win the match by getting 50/50 calls? Man that is something. Guess barca can never lose a game. He should stop his pissing and buy a defender, not sure if there are 3 defenders better than Lovern though. I'll go check the local sunday leagues here. Will report and provide recommendations to Klopp.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm an Everton fan and take joy in Liverpool's failings, plus I'm not a fan of Lovren who I frankly can't stand, but that was a weak ass penalty, and that's putting it mildly. They got jobbed IMHO.

Reactions: YNWA14

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't really have a problem with it. Some people expect managers to be robots. Instead he tells you exactly what he's thinking, you don't have to like it. I would like more managers to say what's on their mind so we know what they're going through in their head after a game and so we can understand the emotions of the position.

Garbage call as well. I wouldn't have told the interviewer that last line if I were him though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm an Everton fan and take joy in Liverpool's failings, plus I'm not a fan of Lovren who I frankly can't stand, but that was a weak ass penalty, and that's putting it mildly. They got jobbed IMHO.

I appreciate the honesty. Most people are too bitter to look at it objectively. That said I don't blame the ref wholly for the draw -- we had plenty of other chances to make something happen. Poor finishing and bad decisions (Mane wtffff) really did us in. If that call didn't happen I'm sure something would have as it seems to be the way. I just think it's a garbage call and certainly could have been the decider. I'm not always with Klopp but I'm 100% on his side for that one.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I don't really have a problem with it. Some people expect managers to be robots. Instead he tells you exactly what he's thinking, you don't have to like it. I would like more managers to say what's on their mind so we know what they're going through in their head after a game and so we can understand the emotions of the position.

Garbage call as well. I wouldn't have told the interviewer that last line if I were him though.

If it was once and awhile sure but every time they lose it is always someone else's fault. The start of the season with the 5 CB comments. I think it gets a little much with him.

If this was the first time we had heard it from him, sure no big deal.

And before i get the Anti-Liverpool comments, I think it sucks when Jose comes out with his crap after losses as well.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The Mane chance is what happens when someone really wants to make a name for themselves and just isn't thinking about the possible result of the play. That's the difference between him and Mo, who I don't think would ever do that (and would have scored if he did). In the grand scope of things this result doesn't really matter that much in terms of determining what will happen the rest of the season. If they get six points from the next two I'll forget all about it.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
That's strikers for you. A striker has two scores in his head, the team one and the personal one. Selfishness is part of the position.

I think Klopp's response was fine. It's an emotional game and all managers respond in ways reflecting their personalities to these outcomes. Some guys bottle it up, some guys let it all out. Truth is that it's the authentic character of managers and players that make sports interesting in the first place.

He's in a different sport but take Belichick as the extreme contrast to Klopp. Klopp always wears his heart on his sleeve and if he feels pissy he'll yell at you, if he's happy he'll be the first to hug the same reporter he may have argued with the week prior. Belichick is all controlled, doesn't care for the media one way or the other, just focuses on delivering the barest of minimum expected from him. But both are true to themselves in their own right; these are men under pressure and yet they deal with it so dramatically differently. I think the way the whole thing is also a story about their life's work adds an extra dimension to sports that's really fascinating.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Courtesy of the Telegraph:

Jose Mourinho was involved in a furious dressing-room bust-up with Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson as tempers flared after Sunday’s derby.
Sources claimed the Manchester United manager had milk and water thrown at him after the spat with Ederson.
Mourinho was thought to have gone to the door of City’s dressing room to ask their players to show more respect as music blared and the Premier League leaders celebrated jubilantly.
But a war of words broke out and Ederson and Mourinho are believed to have been shouting at each other in Portuguese before the United manager eventually walked away.

It is also reported that Lukaku threw a bottle in the face of a Man City coaching staff member.

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Personally, I'd expect Klopp to have a bit more composure than Curtinho.

Those quotes come off sort of pathetically on him.

And lol at Mourinho pleading for humility.

Reactions: Savant

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Moaninho is John Tortorella of the footballing world. He was effin butthurt and decided to cause a situation just like Torts did by running into the Flames lockerroom that one time. I hope the FA comes down hard at United, this was not needed.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I appreciate the honesty. Most people are too bitter to look at it objectively. That said I don't blame the ref wholly for the draw -- we had plenty of other chances to make something happen. Poor finishing and bad decisions (Mane wtffff) really did us in. If that call didn't happen I'm sure something would have as it seems to be the way. I just think it's a garbage call and certainly could have been the decider. I'm not always with Klopp but I'm 100% on his side for that one.

That was never a penalty. Never.

Let me be clear about this, just in case someone isn't sure - putting your hands on a player is NOT a foul.
It increases the risk of a cheating git like Calvert-Lewin diving and faking (wasn't exactly his first time, for example his acting vs ManCity got Walker sent off) but it is NOT a foul.

Again, placing your hands on an opponent (without force, without pulling or shoving) is not a foul. Might not be smart, but its not a foul.
It doesn't excuse diving or cheating, and it shouldn't.

Reactions: Savant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad