GWT: Premier League Matchday 37

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm happy for this win for Brighton. It probably means they have nothing to play for against Liverpool.

Reactions: robertmac43

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Shame... that was just horrific. Oh well thank god it didn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Whilst I couldn't care a less about Brighton & Hove Albion as a club, it pleases me immensely that Chris Hughton has enjoyed a successful season.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Pochettino plays Alderweireld to have a back three today. Eriksen or Lamela to play a deeper role alongside Wanyama too it seems.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton deserved to stay up. Glad they are still in the PL

Agreed! Now comes the building phase. I'm Interested in what the off season will be like, we will likely never challenge for top 4, it would however be great to have the depth to stay up each year and challenge for other domestic trophies as well

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I hope Huddersfield takes that last relegation spot
I'd prefer that Swansea stays up because it looks like Cardiff is coming up and those games are fun besides that the only team I wanted to stay up was Brighton.

If Huddersfield goes down, maybe Wagner takes the Buvac role?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Darren Moore is a football genius.

Shame they wasted so much time on Pardew.

Reactions: Tuggy

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So for West Brom to stay up they need

Southampton to lose to Everton today and Southampton and Swansea to draw on Tuesday.
That’d send them into the final Sunday needing to beat Palace, have Southampton lose to City, and have Swansea lose to Stoke.

That’d leave them a point ahead of Southampton and level with Swansea for the last relegation spot, but would be ahead of Swansea on goal difference.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Southampton to lose to Everton today and Southampton and Swansea to draw on Tuesday.

That’d send them into the final Sunday needing to beat Palace, have Southampton lose to City, and have Swansea lose to Stoke.

That’d leave them a point ahead of Southampton and level with Swansea for the last relegation spot, but would be ahead of Swansea on goal difference.
They can beat Palace but that is a lot of other dominos. Stoke is already relegated. They might not show up.

Huddersfield has 35 but it's very unlikely they get another point this season. Tough to see WBA safe with 34

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They can beat Palace but that is a lot of other dominos. Stoke is already relegated. They might not show up.

Huddersfield has 35 but it's very unlikely they get another point this season. Tough to see WBA safe with 34

Yea it’s definitely not likely at all, but it’s certainly what I’m cheering for

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
West Brom with wins against Man Utd and Tottenham plus a draw against Liverpool, all within the last 4 games. What's going on? :laugh:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Edit: To add to this, Southampton could draw Everton today and still leave West Brom alive would just mean like 4 goals of goal difference to make up on the final day if Southampton/Swansea draw.

The only thing that can kill West Brom today is a Southampton win.

Edit: he says as Southampton score to go ahead.

Really good play by Southampton on that goal too. Excellent cross and really smart header to finish it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad