GWT: Premier League Matchday 37

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
There's obviously no conspiracy happening here but it's quite clear that Liverpool have not been afforded consistent decisions with penalties on the league this season.

Which team has?

but it's quite frustrating to hear fans who don't watch our league games telling us we're wrong and the refs have been fine.

All these highly controversial decisions I think most people in this thread know about and have seen, considering that some make a big fuss of them.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
Which team has?

All these highly controversial decisions I think most people in this thread know about and have seen, considering that some make a big fuss of them.

Everton, definitely.

Like I said the decisions shouldn't make a difference for Liverpool because who gives a f*** if you finish second or fourth. I don't care enough to compile the decisions individually and argue that we've been cheated, because again, who gives a f***. I just fine it annoying when "rival" fans argue in favour of all the shitty calls just to go against the large Liverpool contingent on this forum.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lamela dove? Sigh...here I'll kick you and see how you react...dove...smh...ridiculous
The only ridiculous thing is that you consider that a kick. Contact was weak and minimal and Lamela is a notorious diver. Fat ref was too far away to see it and had to ask the lineman what happened. If fat ref was in position he would have seen

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I watch your league and have watched plenty of Pool games.
Refs have made mistakes on both sides. Remembering only the negatives isn't a fair way to look at it. Even less when using "ifs".

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lamela was a weak call. But probably more of a foul than Benatia on Vazquez, which was deemed a huge clear foul by some Pool fans here.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lamela was a weak call. But probably more of a foul than Benatia on Vazquez, which was deemed a huge clear foul by some Pool fans here.
I think the Benatia foul was worse because he went across Vazquez body from behind.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I watch your league and have watched plenty of Pool games.
Refs have made mistakes on both sides. Remembering only the negatives isn't a fair way to look at it. Even less when using "ifs".
I agree with this and you provide good insight. As I said that's why I only consider the games that stand out to me without, thinking.

That being said I should have also mentioned the penalty Liverpool didnt get for handball in the box against Stoke, which was much more of a handball than what was called on Liverpool in either of the Roma games.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think the Benatia foul was worse because he went across Vazquez body from behind.
Only thing worse was that Vazquez was in front of the goal. He bumped into him but never touched him with his foot.
At least Lamela get clipped by the defenseman's foot.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The Lamela call wasn't a penalty but the Benatia one clearly was. There have been some missed fouls that Liverpool have committed throughout the season, and in the CL, but this is a weird comparison. You can never go through a player to get the ball, the Benatia penalty is as clear a penalty as it gets.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Only thing worse was that Vazquez was in front of the goal. He bumped into him but never touched him with his foot.
At least Lamela get clipped by the defenseman's foot.
Game speed made that one very difficult. I almost felt bad for Oliver. Virgil had better positioning than Benatia on that play though.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I still can’t believe that the Benatia penalty is being debated... there’s no debate. It’s as clear a foul as you’re going to see.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I still can’t believe that the Benatia penalty is being debated... there’s no debate. It’s as clear a foul as you’re going to see.
There is debate since bumps in the back are never called in the box.
Much less so at the 94th minute of a tied game. Just never.

Then again, you managed to debate Marcelo's handball which was a penalty by his own admission.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
There is debate since bumps in the back are never called in the box.
Much less so at the 94th minute of a tied game. Just never.

Then again, you managed to debate Marcelo's handball which was a penalty by his own admission.

Ok. I will accept that penalty call was bad, the worthy soccer god that you are could never be wrong about such an obvious reffing mistake.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
'Bumps in the back'. Interesting description of what Benatia did.
I have no doubt you consider it excessive force. I mean, Firmino made a MUCH worse hit in the back of Stones, and you don't consider it a foul. Remember?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad