GWT: Premier League Matchday 35

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’d say the hand against Salah was a yellow. The punch is a clear red and he’ll get a retroactive ban for it I assume.
Would rather have he gotten the red card and the refs do their job. But teams don't want VAR because the FA are dinosaurs

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Anyone saying Gomez is ready to play substantial time is on drugs.

They also need a new keeper.
Gomez is playing his first game after injury and isnt in form. He is only only lm saying because clyne is hurt and trent is being rested for roma

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Gomez, Klavan, Moreno and Milner total disasters today. Lovren did more harm than good with his apperence

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Gomez, Klavan, Moreno and Milner total disasters today. Lovren did more harm than good with his apperence
Yes. The three out of form players who are only playing because Liverpool are resting players for CL. I don't think Milner was that bad but I don't think I will be rewatching this one.

Klopp has tried that 3 at the back at the end of games a lot this season, and I don't think LFC have figured it out yet. I think Klopp wanted to give Lovren minutes as a team they fell asleep after Salah scored. If they beat Roma people will probably forget about this one.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
In fairness, the implementation of VAR in the FA cup has been a total disaster so far.
I don't really agree with that. The refs weren't trained on it and they dropped in on them in the middle of the season.

If the refs are missing players getting punched it just proves VAR is needed.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
That was terrible. But I don't see anyway they don't get 4 points off of Stoke and Brighton at home. Also if they draw or win at the Bridge, Chelsea wont catch them.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That was terrible. But I don't see anyway they don't get 4 points off of Stoke and Brighton at home. Also if they draw or win at the Bridge, Chelsea wont catch them.

Draw against Chelsea and a pair of losses would see Chelsea ahead of they win the rest of theirs, but I can’t see that happening.

It’ll get interesting if Liverpool is rotating next weekend and Stoke somehow either draw or win. That’ll give Chelsea a lot of life going into that game at Stamford Bridge.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Magic number for Spurs and 'Pool is 75, if Chelsea win out. Here's how that scenario looks:

Chelsea win out: W @ Swansea, W v Liverpool, W v Huddersfield, W @ Newcastle

Assuming Chelsea win out, which would mean beating Liverpool, Liverpool would need to take a total of 4 points from Stoke and Brighton. Both those games are at home. One hope is that the Stoke game is between the Roma games - if Liverpool somehow lose that, Chelsea control their own fate.

Assuming Chelsea win out, Spurs would need to take a total of 7 points from their last four matches. Three at home (Watford, Newcastle, Leicester), one away (WBA). Two wins, a draw, and a loss would see them through.

Either way, Chelsea have got to win out to have a chance in hell at survival. It's a huge hypothetical, but it could happen. Surprisingly, it's more likely that Liverpool drop out than Spurs do, simply thanks to the head-to-head.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think he was mad about their pitch, which was dry and leads to injuries. For sure his comments were petty.

Anyway, this game wouldn't have been lost with a full strength team and I don't think it's very important.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Pre-Order now the MS Album

1) Mo Goals, Mo Problems
2) 0 Yellow cards/Red cards/Fancy Hair cuts/Tattoos/Haters & 100% Talent/Love/Humbleness
3)Asalah Manékoum
4) Love Story Better Than Twilight (Dejan)
5) Straight Outta Egypt
6) The Egyptian King
7) I'll be muslim too
8) We've Got Salah (Doo Doo Doo) Accoustic
9) Wooooooow really ? (Harry Kane Diss)
10) Never Lie

Reactions: YNWA14

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
jose.png

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ramsey becomes Arsenal's all time leading scoring midfielder.
That was a hilarious goal, I just wish he was able to play more games because I might realistically have a different opinion about him. I am still on the side that if a team comes and offers 50+ million, get rid of him.

Lacazette since his knee injury has been a completely different player...I wonder if he's starting to get used to the EPL as it happens to a great chunk of new recruits. Having a new manager with the core of Auba, Mkhi, Laca, Ozil, and hell lets put Ramsey in there as well will be deadly.

Also I gotta give credit to Xhaka, he's been quite good the past month as well. His long shots are quite ridiculous even if he lacks a lot of other tools in his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad