GWT: Premier League Match day 29

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I’ve never seen a team as inconsistent as United. Also never seen a team try to play so defensive with that much attacking talent.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Why do we keep going through the middle? The flanks are soooo wide open right now... seems like basic soccer knowledge to play wide.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Don't think McTominay would be in the first team if he wasn't 6'4. He has a great attitude but it's not enough.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Don't think McTominay would be in the first team if he wasn't 6'4. He has a great attitude but it's not enough.

He, Rashford and Lingard were the players United youth coaches identified even in the youngest age groups as the ones most likely to become something.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Watching United vs Palace...

Does Mourinho use Pogba wrong? Is he overrated?

I dunno , I haven’t been convinced since he’s returned from Italy.

He has all the physical attributes and skill you could ever want from a CM. In fact , most midfielders would kill to have some of things he’s been blessed with.

But damn, shouldn’t part of being an elite midfielder, include decision making?

Ultimately, when boils down to the nitty-gritty can you make the right choices/reads in big moments (defensively too) ?

I dunno, perhaps I’m being too harsh. Or maybe Juventus hid his deficiencies better with tactics and the players supporting him.

If Mourinho plays 4-2-3-1, why not put Pogba at the 10?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Smart play. Second place it is then. I think Mourinho is running through this squad as fast as he did Chelsea considering the lack of effort certain players have showed in the last few games.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Watching United vs Palace...

Does Mourinho use Pogba wrong? Is he overrated?

I dunno , I haven’t been convinced since he’s returned from Italy.

He has all the physical attributes and skill you could ever want from a CM. In fact , most midfielders would kill to have some of things he’s been blessed with.

But damn, shouldn’t part of being an elite midfielder, include decision making?

Ultimately, when boils down to the nitty-gritty can you make the right choices/reads in big moments (defensively too) ?

I dunno, perhaps I’m being too harsh. Or maybe Juventus hid his deficiencies better with tactics and the players supporting him.

If Mourinho plays 4-2-3-1, why not put Pogba at the 10?

The problem is he's lazy. Which itself is a lazy criticism but on the first Palace goal he was walking back as Townsend received the ball. I also very rarely see him break into a full sprint.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Anybody who claims that Selhurst Park doesn't have the best atmosphere in the league are wrong.

Yeah.

I want so bad that Liverpool only sell tickets for locals for a central part of The Kop. So important to have a good atmosphere and it would really help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad