GWT: Premier League: 4/4 - 4/5/2017

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
With Mané out it's not unlikely that Origi finishes as our top scorer this season. He was our best player yesterday, and when he's playing with confidence and aggression he's a very good player. All the tools to be a top striker if he can put it together. We've seen what he can do against top teams and his run in the Europa league last year was a nice little teaser.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I would be interested to see his minutes per goal ratio. Because it seems like most of his goals come off the bench.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I would be interested to see his minutes per goal ratio. Because it seems like most of his goals come off the bench.
In all comps it's a little under 100 minutes per goal, which isn't bad although he's typically come on as a sub. Concern that I would have with him is that he only averages around one shot a game, which is just not enough for a striker.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Obviously playing more often and playing earlier in matches can change your statistics, but I do think that some or Origi's deeper statistics are concerning. Has poor stats for a top level forward with regards to shots per game, passing rate, dribbles per game, ariel duels won, ect ect...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Obviously playing more often and playing earlier in matches can change your statistics, but I do think that some or Origi's deeper statistics are concerning. Has poor stats for a top level forward with regards to shots per game, passing rate, dribbles per game, ariel duels won, ect ect...

All influenced by the fact that he doesn't play a lot. His per minute rates I'm sure are fine.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
All influenced by the fact that he doesn't play a lot. His per minute rates I'm sure are fine.

Origi and Mane have about the same number of shots per 90, although Origi's shots from inside the box are lower.

Origi has dramatically fewer passes than Mane per 90 (27 vs 41) and although he has more aerial duels won per 90, his rate of winning them is lower.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Mane also plays the wing while Origi typically plays as a striker. He has to compete with centrebacks for aerial duels which are much harder to win, obviously. He's also a bit more isolated in that sense which explains the not overly dramatic 13 pass difference. Origi's rate stats are fine, not that they matter a whole lot. If he takes 1 shot a game and scores a goal every 95 minutes that's still good for the team, and it could mean he's not wasting possession as much (which is what a missed shot generally does).

At the end of the day if he plays like he did yesterday that's a good thing. 3 shots, 5 dribbles, 4 aerial duels won, 1 goal, and a lot of hustle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad