GWT: Premier League 4/15-4/17

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Let the record show that I would not be emotionally neutral if we choked it, I'd be pretty fazed and critical of the bottling, but I would be way more devastated if I had gone into the season expecting a championship. Coming off of last year, it's been a terrific ride.

They'll still win, I'm pretty sure of it.

Ah the reverse jinx.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Depends on the team. Not every team has a player capable of doing it, and has enough other quality players to make up for it. Hazard didn't handle it well, but worse of all the rest of the team didn't make up for it.

Yea, Herrera played an excellent game. One of the best of his United career.

That's basically an impossible standard to play to on a regular basis, especially for lower quality teams, so shutting down Hazard like that isn't something I'd expect teams to be able to pull off with any form of regularity. Plus if it goes a little wrong, you get the FA cup fixture where Herrera picked up an early yellow and then United had to have others help out, who ran up the fouls which led to Herreras second yellow.

And as you mentioned, the rest of United played excellent. How many times did you see a Chelsea pass that looked dangerous when it left the foot only to be casually intercepted. If United play like they did yesterday, they can play with any team in Europe. But that's a big if and they've only done it a couple times all year.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
The pressure will mount on them if Chelsea drop points and suddenly they're playing to get within a point or to take the lead.
it may, good point
& spurs, with a couple tough matchups left, are certainly more likely to drop points but chels now have a target on their backs and perhaps some doubt in their minds & that's a lot more pressure than anything spurs may face...

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I guess Wenger can afford playing that defence/midfield against a team like Boro.

Thought this would be an extremely boring match, but agree that 3-4-3 makes it a lot more interesting to watch.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Watching Oxlade-Chamberlain in particular. Puts in a good corner, which nobody at Liverpool can currently do. Arsenal's team is very uninspiring though.

Also the only dangerous player on the pitch.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Ox is quite good. Even looked decent in that 3-4-3 as a wingback.

If only Monreal had understood he would cross with his left there. So so poor. Also by Koscielny of course.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It was amusing how he kept getting into good positions only to have no idea what to do with the ball.

Was hoping that would be the slip up to seal Arsenal not being able to challenge Liverpool for their position, but it wasn't to be. Any slip up will do though and hopefully it's a draw against United in three weeks to help remove them from the picture as well.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
It was amusing how he kept getting into good positions only to have no idea what to do with the ball.

Was hoping that would be the slip up to seal Arsenal not being able to challenge Liverpool for their position, but it wasn't to be. Any slip up will do though and hopefully it's a draw against United in three weeks to help remove them from the picture as well.

I wouldn't worry too much. Wenger is Mourinho's *****.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Traore is built like a tank. If only he was 4 or 5 inches taller he would have been a formidable center forward. I thought the reverse jinx was in when the commentator pointed out he'd never scored a senior goal.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Traore is built like a tank. If only he was 4 or 5 inches taller he would have been a formidable center forward. I thought the reverse jinx was in when the commentator pointed out he'd never scored a senior goal.

If only he had half a brain.

Of course being taller is always better assuming the player would still be as quick and agile (which is never the case).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->