GWT: Premier League 4/15-4/17

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If Spurs beat Chelsea in the FA Cup next week, I think we may actually see a chase to the end. But if Chelsea can right the ship against Tottenham, I think that may end up giving them enough of a boost to hang on to the title.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If Spurs beat Chelsea in the FA Cup next week, I think we may actually see a chase to the end. But if Chelsea can right the ship against Tottenham, I think that may end up giving them enough of a boost to hang on to the title.

They have 6 free points in Boro and Sunderland. It isnt happening.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
God damn them scheduling this game for Easter, I was in church all morning. Honestly, this makes the title race more interesting and as a fan of the sport I'm on board with that. My Chelsea hope for this year was top 4, all more was luxury, so I won't be totally devastated if we don't bring it home. Pretty sure we will though. Should be fun.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
No pace, no support, no one willing to drive to the net, etc. Really tentative performance from Chelsea. They look more like Arsenal than the typical Chelsea of this season.

I would be destroyed if I were a Chelsea fan and they blew this.

I still think they win by 7 or so.

No way they should be dropping the title at this point, especially with the schedule they have down the stretch. I didn't expect the title going into the season, but will be pissed if they blow it this late.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Slowly pass the ball around on the outside to give all the United players a chance to get back and clog up the box. Good plan.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
To me, the handwringing over Chelsea's title "chances" is being wayy overblown right now. They had a bad game at Old Trafford. It happens.

They aren't losing the title and Tottenham isn't winning it.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Really hope Herrera gets man of the match, a goal, an assist and more importantly marked Hazard out the game.

Will be interesting to see if other teams are willing to man mark Hazard like this going forward, he didn't handle it well today.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
To me, the handwringing over Chelsea's title "chances" is being wayy overblown right now. They had a bad game at Old Trafford. It happens.

They aren't losing the title and Tottenham isn't winning it.

Tottenham has to win out, AND Chelsea has to drop more games. Chances are pretty slim that both of those things happen.

Really hope Herrera gets man of the match, a goal, an assist and more importantly marked Hazard out the game.

Will be interesting to see if other teams are willing to man mark Hazard like this going forward, he didn't handle it well today.

Depends on the team. Not every team has a player capable of doing it, and has enough other quality players to make up for it. Hazard didn't handle it well, but worse of all the rest of the team didn't make up for it.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I would be destroyed if I were a Chelsea fan and they blew this.

I still think they win by 7 or so.

Let the record show that I would not be emotionally neutral if we choked it, I'd be pretty fazed and critical of the bottling, but I would be way more devastated if I had gone into the season expecting a championship. Coming off of last year, it's been a terrific ride.

They'll still win, I'm pretty sure of it.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Very true

Chelsea have:
Southampton
@Everton
'Boro
@W. Brom
Watford
Sunderland

Spurs have:
@Palace
Arsenal
@W.Ham
ManU
@Leicester
@Hull

Thing is, Spurs had no pressure on them the last 2 months - and they played fantastic.

But last season, when the pressure was on, they were dropping points.
This is what I'm scared off, if I'm rooting for Spurs.

Well, that, and a much harder schedule.

David Luiz had a rough first half today, as bad a period of play as I've seen him have this season.
Recovered in the 2nd half, but a bit late.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Like I said, I think it could be entirely possible for Chelsea to drop four points. However the large question is if Spurs can sustain their great form and make a miracle run. Im more worried of the away games against Leicester and CP than the home games against Arsenal and Man U.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Just finished watching the game as I couldn't possibly wake up that early.

Mignolet is having a great season. Had no idea he could play like this. More important than the three points is that nobody got hurt. Haven't lost a game when Matip and Lovren have started together and they need to start the final five games, so it was great to get clear of this one.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Thing is, Spurs had no pressure on them the last 2 months - and they played fantastic.
There's still no pressure imo
They're virtually assured of a champs league spot
Pressure is all on Chelsea now, April footy is a lot different than early season footy...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad