Premier League 2020-2021 (Part I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London

Oh boo hoo! You entitled crybabies make me sick. You think you're the only ones suffering? What the hell are we going to do with Coutinho now?

Pah! As if you're the only ones who were hoping to pull down the new owners' pants as they scurried around trying to make 'statement' signings to impress upon the world they meant business.

Reactions: les Habs

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
As a Newcastle fan, I'm annoyed at the Premier League. If you didn't want the Saudis owning Newcastle, then your owner's test should have been completed months ago. Either you pass them or fail them, but by waiting until the Saudis pulled out just showed a complete lack of courage by the Premier League. If they wanted to decline based on human rights/piracy, they could have done so. But now they just look weak by not doing anything.

As I said somewhere on here a while back, the longer time passed the clearer it became that the League was engaged in a holding strategy, and counted on the Saudis' impatience to get the better of them. It didn't help that the Westminster government was, as so often where policy towards Saudi Arabia is concerned, pulling in opposite directions simultaneously. Though Ashley cannot by any means be blamed, as ever under his regime, the impending failure took on a grinding, snail-paced inevitability. So the return to the status quo feels even more of a piece.

These days ensuring that you avoid making awkward decisions appears to have become the aim of all government and governance. On virtually every meaningful issue, parliament may as well not be there.

Reactions: canadianmagpie

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Excited to see some of the players though Arsenal can field. Balogun, Azeez, Smith-Rowe, John-Jules, etc.

Same. I'd play Jones, Williams, Brewster, Elliott, and absolutely none of the first XI players. The idea teams should come back for a competitive game in August is absolutely absurd. In Arsenal's case they have the Europa League to boot.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Same. I'd play Jones, Williams, Brewster, Elliott, and absolutely none of the first XI players. The idea teams should come back for a competitive game in August is absolutely absurd. In Arsenal's case they have the Europa League to boot.
All of those would be first XI for Arsenal though so that wouldn't be fair.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
With the FA Cup win, Arsenal qualified for the group stage, so they don't have to play qualifiers.

However because of that, Spurs will need to play in the Qualifiers which begin on August 20th...

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
With the FA Cup win, Arsenal qualified for the group stage, so they don't have to play qualifiers.

However because of that, Spurs will need to play in the Qualifiers which begin on August 20th...

I have to admit I also thought they were still in the Europa League. Can't believe that was five months ago now.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Player encroachment on penalty kicks: It is now judged on any part of a player’s body that is on the ground when the kick is taken. So if any part of the foot is on the penalty area or arc line it is encroachment. The player must still have a material impact on the outcome of the kick

So does this mean a player can take a giant running leap and still be good as long as they don't touch down before the kick is taken? :laugh:

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Trent should walk away with this but if I’m being honest, Greenwood is the only person on here that really should be considered a “Young Player”. Saka would be a good nominee here too.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Trent should walk away with this but if I’m being honest, Greenwood is the only person on here that really should be considered a “Young Player”.

Mount and Henderson meet the age criteria and it's their first season in a top league.

Reactions: Blender
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad