Premier League 2019-20 Part III

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
New investment is a funny way of saying that one of the worst humans in the world is buying the club.
You may be right but Newcastle fans will take anybody but Ashley at this point. There are a number of big bucks owners around the world that won't be in the running for any person of the year awards.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You may be right but Newcastle fans will take anybody but Ashley at this point. There are a number of big bucks owners around the world that won't be in the running for any person of the year awards.
I would take Ashley in a heartbeat, hell I’d take the club folding over allowing him to takeover.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I would take Ashley in a heartbeat, hell I’d take the club folding over allowing him to takeover.

Easy to say as a non New Castle fan. I get the sense that the fans don't care about the ownership, they just want to have the influx of cash and some trophies to go along with it.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Easy to say as a non New Castle fan. I get the sense that the fans don't care about the ownership, they just want to have the influx of cash and some trophies to go along with it.
And I fully understand that but that cash is built on some very f***ed up stuff.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
And I fully understand that but that cash is built on some very f***ed up stuff.
I know there are degrees of wrongdoing but if people actually stuck to their morals about ownership most big brands wouldn’t exist anymore, and sports teams/clubs. A lot of companies/rich individuals probably have a ton of shady things that have never seen the light of day.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
My recommendation is always to just watch. You’ll gravitate to somebody. Probably a bigger club bc that’s who is on tv. But just give it a go. Def don’t pick a team before watching.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I know there are degrees of wrongdoing but if people actually stuck to their morals about ownership most big brands wouldn’t exist anymore, and sports teams/clubs. A lot of companies/rich individuals probably have a ton of shady things that have never seen the light of day.
Agreed but like you said there’s different degrees. It’s much different to murder millions and to embezzle a little bit of money.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm also trying to understand the relegation and such. Two friends I know follow Chelsea and Tottenham and they've been in the EPL forever. Just don't want to hitch my wagon to Wolverhampton and have them end up relegated 2-3 years down the line or something, if that even matters.
La Liga is the most entertaining league to watch now, a lot of good players entering the league and they fixed shoddy refereeing with VAR. Besides the big matches up, the fan atmosphere is a total buzzkill though. Still, a lot of teams tend to play offensively and the talent is quite good to make a winning combo of entertainment.

As for the two clubs you're interested in; Chelsea is a blood money club ran from the laps of Putin's right-hand man (they also tend to be more plastic than other clubs). As for the Spurs, what you would potentially cheer for is a blue collar club with a fantastic record of racism in its fanbase, so either way you got yourself a winner.

The more you watch the more you likely a team or fanbase will stick out to you. And once you know you will know haha.
It really is "Wand chooses the Wizard" Harry.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I think everyone had a player that they were completely wrong on, and that’s okay.

I worked with a youth coach for a BuLI team for a while and asked him which player he was wrong on. He said that he never thought Toni Kroos (whose team he coached against regularly) would make it because he was too slow and lacked dynamism. Funny to think that even at like U17 level observers thought that, and he somehow ended up winning Champions Leagues and a World Cup.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Ighalo's loan to United extended to Jan 2021. Good with this depth move. Going to be a lot of games in short periods of time if they're trying to finish this season and play a full schedule next season, and he's a good cup match player to have.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ighalo's loan to United extended to Jan 2021. Good with this depth move. Going to be a lot of games in short periods of time if they're trying to finish this season and play a full schedule next season, and he's a good cup match player to have.
Where does he rank on the depth chart?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. Rashford and Pogba were both injured so they were changing up lineups and formations quite a bit to account for the loss in talent.

I'm assuming we'll see some variations of a 4-3-3 with Rashford/Martial/Greenwood (or James) up top, with Pogba and Bruno in MF with McTominay or Fred in the holding position.

Work rate is real important to Ole on the wings up top so I doubt we'd see Ighalo there as he doesnt contribute much defensively. I'd say he'd get a few starts to rest guys, and come off the bench at CF for Martial.

Reactions: Cassano

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It really depends. I think if we are going by pure skill for the striker position it's Rashford/Martial/Greenwood/Ighalo but then you factor in that everyone on that list has spent time on the wings this season except Ighalo (Martial might not have either now that I think about it but definitely capable of playing LW) and the fact that we have no depth on the wings.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
From The Athletic:

The Premier League has secured a crucial agreement with leading broadcaster Sky Sports that means Premier League clubs will defer the payment of a collective rebate worth in excess of £170 million until the 2021-22 season.

Sounds like they will make agreements to make sure there is as little of an impact on clubs for the upcoming transfer window.

Reactions: robertmac43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad