Premier League 2019-20 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think they'll be able to tout it as the biggest deal or a record deal. But most of it will be tied into performance kickers that they won't hit.

You can say it's a 400 million contract, but that would have money based upon finishing in the top 4, winning the league, playing in the CL, winning the CL etc.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I know nothing about the guy and maybe he is some Trumpesque deal making genius but I'm sure there are many more people out there that could do the same job Woodward is doing.

I’ve said this a lot, but when it comes to making money no one is better than Woodward. He’s incredible at generating revenue. But the man is a football Pejorative Slur and is a horrible manager of people.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I’ve said this a lot, but when it comes to making money no one is better than Woodward. He’s incredible at generating revenue. But the man is a football ****** and is a horrible manager of people.

Why can't they just have him deal with the business side only?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Just for sake of things, scenario that takes Manchester United to the last place in the Prem in just 2 matches.

Match week 9 : Liverpool W over Man Utd (away), Everton W over West Ham (home), Aston Villa & Brighton draw,
Southampton W over Wolverhampton (away), Newcastle W over Chelsea (away), these results would put Man Utd to 18th place,
to relegation zone + Norwich W over Bournemouth (away) Watford takes first W of the season over Tottenham (away)

Match week 10: Norwich W over Man Utd (home), Watford W over Bournemouth (home), results of these two matches
would put Man Utd to the last place in the Prem​

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
:facepalm:

OGS ruling out a player who has missed 5 or so games and hasn’t played at 100% in two months and a player who limped off injured in a mid week match is suddenly some giant 43736-D chess move by him to trip up Klopp.

That’s some galaxy brain take there.

Reactions: Jussi

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Just for sake of things, scenario that takes Manchester United to the last place in the Prem in just 2 matches.

Match week 9 : Liverpool W over Man Utd (away), Everton W over West Ham (home), Aston Villa & Brighton draw,
Southampton W over Wolverhampton (away), Newcastle W over Chelsea (away), these results would put Man Utd to 18th place,
to relegation zone + Norwich W over Bournemouth (away) Watford takes first W of the season over Tottenham (away)

Match week 10: Norwich W over Man Utd (home), Watford W over Bournemouth (home), results of these two matches
would put Man Utd to the last place in the Prem​
For someone that isn’t a fan of United, you sure do talk about them a lot and put a lot of thought into their scenarios.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LFC fans are getting paranoid at this point.
I’m just saying. If there is a miraculous recovery don’t be surprised. I just hate the media narrative that LFC is automatically going to roll them, and that no one from Utd would get into the LFC XI. LFC have not been good at Old Trafford, even under Klopp. Form goes out the window in rivalry games.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I always enjoy when one person says something about a match and all of a sudden 'LFC fans are paranoid'.
I’m just saying. If there is a miraculous recovery don’t be surprised. I just hate the media narrative that LFC is automatically going to roll them, and that no one from Utd would get into the LFC XI. LFC have not been good at Old Trafford, even under Klopp. Form goes out the window in rivalry games.
There's no reason to fear United here. Liverpool are, rightfully, big favourites. It would be a massive underperformance to not come out of this with 3 points, though I do feel like United will be up for the match -- the gulf in quality and coaching is massive.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I always enjoy when one person says something about a match and all of a sudden 'LFC fans are paranoid'.

There's no reason to fear United here. Liverpool are, rightfully, big favourites. It would be a massive underperformance to not come out of this with 3 points, though I do feel like United will be up for the match -- the gulf in quality and coaching is massive.
I don’t fear them. Just don’t like the narrative that it’s going to be a cakewalk. I only fear teams not attacking Man City with more than one forward at a time. Spooky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->