Premier League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I know it is far too early to be talking predictions for next year. But can people see an Arsenal resurgence occurring this year? I may be on the optimistic side of things, but a full season of Auba and Mkhi, plus the new tactics of Unai Emery and hopefully a new energy among the players; I honestly think this team will be achieving top 4.

I do not think there will be an intense downward spiral as most have predicted, this is the start of the way back to the top for me!

Nah. Emery was the man to hold you in place and prevent it from getting any worse. His tactics will keep the club firmly in the top 7, but are unlikely to push you up unless you are really lucky with injuries & your front 4 all have career years.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Of course Arsenal could end up in the top 4. Every single summer fans think things are far more given then they are (definitely true for the NHL as well). See how much better City became from one season to the other. Could hardly argue that was only because of bringing in new players. Not to mention if you beat the bottom 10 home and away you are already in contention for 4th.

I think 6th is more likely than 4th for Arsenal, but people will on average underestimate their chances of getting in to the top 4.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
If they don't absolutely suck in all of their away games again, they could be in contention for top 4. I think it's more likely that we have to wait 1 more year though.

Reactions: robertmac43

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I know it is far too early to be talking predictions for next year. But can people see an Arsenal resurgence occurring this year? I may be on the optimistic side of things, but a full season of Auba and Mkhi, plus the new tactics of Unai Emery and hopefully a new energy among the players; I honestly think this team will be achieving top 4.

I do not think there will be an intense downward spiral as most have predicted, this is the start of the way back to the top for me!

It's too early in the summer to rule out Arsenal finishing top four. However, to manage it I think they'd need the bar for a fourth place finish to drop from last season's 75 points to the 66-70 region. That would require one of last season's top four to slump a little, and Chelsea to fail to revive. Which seems unlikely to me.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
my pre end of transfer window predictions for top 4 are:
1) United
2) Liverpool
3) City
4)Arsenal

5) Chelsea
6) Spurs - this selection is fueled by hatred.

My brain says Arsenal are in the 6 spot, but the heart says top 4 and that sounds better to me

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Also I think the past couple years showed the unprepared nature of Wenger's teams.

I expect with Emery's football obsession the team will look better prepared and will adapt more where needed. Should help them grab a few more points here and there and hopefully get better away results

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
1) United
2) Liverpool
3) City
4)Arsenal

5) Chelsea

My brain says Arsenal are in the 6 spot, but the heart says top 4 and that sounds better to me

To be real my heart would make it:

1)Arsenal or 1) Brighton
2)Brighton 2) Arsenal

17) Spurs

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Pepchester seals their moves for Jorginho and another young stud CB, then I'm pretty sure that they're going to break their own points record this season.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
thats if he can keep the teams motivation up. Repeating a season like the last will be a tough task

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
1) United
2) Liverpool
3) City
4)Arsenal

5) Chelsea

Zero chance United win. This is Jose’s falling out year. More likely he doesn’t make it to next May.

Reactions: Gecklund

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Zero chance United win. This is Jose’s falling out year. More likely he doesn’t make it to next May.

I would not be surprised if they win, they have so much talent, plus when they are playing poorly they have arguably the best goalie in the world to bail them out and steal results

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
So much talent?

I mean, some of their players are talented. But many are squad pegs in round holes. I wouldn't say they're more talented than City or Liverpool (right now without any purchases) and Spurs probably has a better system.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
So much talent?

I mean, some of their players are talented. But many are squad pegs in round holes. I wouldn't say they're more talented than City or Liverpool (right now without any purchases) and Spurs probably has a better system.

I'd say United has about equal talent with Liverpool/Spurs. The talent just isn't used properly.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Said arguably; and I think a pretty fair argument would be that Neur has been injured all year and De Gea took his game to a whole new level.
Doesn't matter Nuer is still the standard... DDG in this "whole new level" still doesn't touch Nuer.

Reactions: cgf

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Be more talented? That or impact the whole game...somehow. He does not have the ability though. It's not a knock DDG is a beast but Nuer is something else entirely.

I think the talent is there! Neur is obviously better at acting as a sweeper than DDG. But based off of form and the injury woes of the last year I would pick DDG at this moment in time.

Also I did say arguably so I guess i deserved this kind of response ;)

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Manuel Lanzini is out for the WC, ligament rupture in practice. West Ham will have another tough season ahead, Lanzini out for a couple of months is brutal for them. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad