GWT: Premier League 12/31-1/4

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
It's a lose-lose whatever the result ends up as today. Just hoping for as many reds and suspensions as possible I suppose.

Your heart wants Spurs to lose, but you know your head knows it's best for you for Spurs to win...

....Dele again!!!!!!!!!

$100 million Real Madrid. ;)

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
And Chelsea are going to lose. And now we'll see their players throw hissy fits because of it.

Arsenal came back from 3-0 down yesterday so, whilst not the same, it isn't over.

I would like to see Tottenham win the league but I can't see the gap closing or Chelsea not winning the league.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Arsenal came back from 3-0 down yesterday so, whilst not the same, it isn't over.

I would like to see Tottenham win the league but I can't see the gap closing or Chelsea not winning the league.

Chelsea losing here would go a very long way in making it competitive again. 5 points isn't a massive gap and they've still got away games at Liverpool and United and host City and Arsenal.

They'd still be the favorites, but the fact that there'd be 4 teams with 8 of them and another within 10 increases the likelihood that if they drop a few points one of those others gets hot to make up the gap.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Chelsea had the best first half of a season ever. It will be really tough for any team to catch them. Possible but not likely. They average 2 points a game from here on out they are at 85, and I think they will play better than that.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Still 5 points clear of Liverpool and 7 of Tottenham.

They've still got to travel to Liverpool. If the reds hold home on that then it simply means making up 2 points over the course of 17 games, not exactly an insurmountable task.

All it really takes is a bad loss or a couple draws and suddenly you'd have 3-5 teams within a few points at the top.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Chelsea had the best first half of a season ever. It will be really tough for any team to catch them. Possible but not likely. They average 2 points a game from here on out they are at 85, and I think they will play better than that.

And they only have a 5 point lead. 3 of their next 4 games are against Leicester, Liverpool, and Arsenal. Highly unlikely they come through that gauntlet picking up all 12 points. 9 would be a success.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
And they only have a 5 point lead. 3 of their next 4 games are against Leicester, Liverpool, and Arsenal. Highly unlikely they come through that gauntlet picking up all 12 points. 9 would be a success.

Yeah, and Liverpool go to OT next and Spurs go to City the week after. Every team will drop points, just dont see them losing this unless Hazard/Costa get injured/suspended. They are in a really good position still. This result made the title race interesting though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad