Premier League 12/3-12/5

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Didn't see the match but saw the tackle. Rojo should've seen red, no question. Shocking "tackle".

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yea in normal games that would have been a red, but the ref already set the tone by only giving Barry a warning earlier on a clear yellow offense.

I don't really buy that.

Giving a warning vs a yellow card is a lot less severe than giving a yellow for a clear red. It's a different scale.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't really buy that.

Giving a warning vs a yellow card is a lot less severe than giving a yellow for a clear red. It's a different scale.

Well actually Barry committed three fouls worthy of a yellow in the game, only getting one, so the point still stands.

The video clip is hilariously embarrassing but to be fair, Fellaini did play well early in the season and the stats backed it up. He was played in a role where his strenthgs came through. Then something happened (Herrera and Carrick stepped up?) and it's been all uphill.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Well actually Barry committed three fouls worthy of a yellow in the game, only getting one, so the point still stands.

The video clip is hilariously embarrassing but to be fair, Fellaini did play well early in the season and the stats backed it up. He was played in a role where his strenthgs came through. Then something happened (Herrera and Carrick stepped up?) and it's been all uphill.
At the beginning of the season Fellaini was played in a deep role with Pogba and was a total anchor to the latter.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
This is how close Liverpool were to being up 4-1 yesterday:

O16WZ86.jpg

For as brutal as Boruc was on the first two goals, that proved to be a turning point in the match. That and the introduction of Ryan Fraser.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
This is how close Liverpool were to being up 4-1 yesterday:

O16WZ86.jpg

For as brutal as Boruc was on the first two goals, that proved to be a turning point in the match. That and the introduction of Ryan Fraser.

This game for now on should be like the first two rules of fight club, we dont talk about it

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
This game for now on should be like the first two rules of fight club, we dont talk about it

:laugh:

Soon I'll file this one away in the same place where I keep 13-14 away to West Brom.

But for now, idk. This one to me highlighted some things bigger than this game like depth and cover issues. They had two fullbacks on the bench. Best be busy in January. Not just in anticipation of more games next year, but because they barely have enough cover right now.

I think Karius's movement is good and he can get his body in the way on 1v1 situations. But from what I recall he showed some Adam Bogdan-ian ball handling on the fourth goal.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Not sure what the point you are referring to is.

The different between a foul and a yellow is much smaller than a yellow vs a straight red. I didn't see three yellows from Barry in that game but that's just me, and I guess Michael Oliver.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Not sure what the point you are referring to is.

The different between a foul and a yellow is much smaller than a yellow vs a straight red. I didn't see three yellows from Barry in that game but that's just me, and I guess Michael Oliver.

His first tackle on Ibra is a yellow in 95% of matches. The handball he got called for should have easily been a yellow as well as it stopped a United counter attack.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
His first tackle on Ibra is a yellow in 95% of matches. The handball he got called for should have easily been a yellow as well as it stopped a United counter attack.

But you assume that everything happens the same after he gets his first theoretical yellow. That's a false assumption.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
But you assume that everything happens the same after he gets his first theoretical yellow. That's a false assumption.

I could say the same thing about Rojo's tackle. If a card or two has already been shown, maybe he only goes in with one foot instead of the stupid "tackle" he did. Probably not since it was so stupid, but either way, both sides had missed cards.

There's no doubt that Rojo gets a red in the vast majority of games, but if you're applying the "who knows what happens if the start changes" then you have to apply that to how Rojo played too.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I could say the same thing about Rojo's tackle. If a card or two has already been shown, maybe he only goes in with one foot instead of the stupid "tackle" he did. Probably not since it was so stupid, but either way, both sides had missed cards.

There's no doubt that Rojo gets a red in the vast majority of games, but if you're applying the "who knows what happens if the start changes" then you have to apply that to how Rojo played too.

I think that's different. That's one incident as opposed to many.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think that's different. That's one incident as opposed to many.

Well you have a lot of managers who exploit the tendency of refs not giving out early cards.

Mourinho at Chelsea used to do this all the time. He would tell his strikers to make a Hard usually cardable talks to a defender or midfielder and usually only get away with a talking too. I specifically remember a tackle Eto'o made on Henderson that was a classically Mourinho tactic. It exploits the refs behavioral tendencies, and the refs haven't caught on yet. A red is a red.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad