GWT: Premier League 12/26-12/28

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So Klopp "doesn't want to talk about off-field problems" and "congratulates his player for his play and his goal".

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
So Klopp "doesn't want to talk about off-field problems" and "congratulates his player for his play and his goal".

What do you want him to say exactly?

If your work colleague did the same thing, you'd tell him off privately, await his trial etc. - but you wouldn't dump on him in public or suspend him or anything like that.
(I assume anyway, a DUI doesn't always mean a person was sloshed out of his mind)

It's irresponsible, it's dumb; but I'm not sure what you think Klopp should be doing with him right now.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
i don't really agree with evilo on the whole sakho thing but i do understand how you can perceive klopp as a hypocrite in this circumstance

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
i don't really agree with evilo on the whole sakho thing but i do understand how you can perceive klopp as a hypocrite in this circumstance

We have no idea on what exactly happened with Sakho or Firminho, how it played out or how the players reacted and how their conversations with Klopp went.

Klopp seems to be a great manager both tactically and loved by his players; I'm not saying trust what he does because "he says so", but he does have insight into these things - we don't.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What do you want him to say exactly?

If your work colleague did the same thing, you'd tell him off privately, await his trial etc. - but you wouldn't dump on him in public or suspend him or anything like that.
(I assume anyway, a DUI doesn't always mean a person was sloshed out of his mind)

It's irresponsible, it's dumb; but I'm not sure what you think Klopp should be doing with him right now.

It's not a colleague. It's his employee.
You certainly don't brush him the right way.
I would expect any coach, let alone someone who tries to prove he's a tough guy, to say good to see him score and when asked about off-field problems : we'll deal with it.
But to say he doesn't "talk about off-field problems" is more than hypocritical. It's ridiculous.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Evilo is just mad because a French player is being treated, in his eyes, unfairly.

That's true, but that doesn't change the facts here.
Fact is that Klopp acted like a tough guy on Sakho because of off the field problems that were minor (meaning he isn't actually a felon) while he ignores the off-field issues of a whole other scale with Firmino.

You sound surprised.
And yet another great post that completely tackles the subject.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sakho was integral to the team until he ate or took something that wasn't on their diet plan and tested positive for steroids. Cleared later, but regardless everything started from there.

None of the other teams in the league would hold their top players out for a game, so other than the Chelsea game Firmino has to miss, I don't want him to miss any games. Yaya won't be missing any games I'm sure. Played every game since getting caught in fact.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not to mention one is integral to the team while the other is not. Teams tend to look the other way when dealing with good players. Depending on what you do of course.

Sakho was absolutely integral to the team. He was once of their starting CBs all of last season and easily could have been starting next to Matip this season if he didn't act like an idiot.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
That's true, but that doesn't change the facts here.
Fact is that Klopp acted like a tough guy on Sakho because of off the field problems that were minor (meaning he isn't actually a felon) while he ignores the off-field issues of a whole other scale with Firmino.

And yet another great post that completely tackles the subject.

What subject is there to tackle?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
As for Firmino and Sakho, pretty simple.

Sakho - multiple problems
Firmino - one problem

Really?
I mean REALLY? Did you actually stoop THAT low? Comparing lateness to trainings to DRIVING WHILE DRUNK?

I never thought YOU'd fall that low. Others, sure, but not you.:help:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Really?
I mean REALLY? Did you actually stoop THAT low? Comparing lateness to trainings to DRIVING WHILE DRUNK?

I never thought YOU'd fall that low. Others, sure, but not you.:help:

I'm not comparing. I am just saying why it would not be a problem to Klopp or any other manager. All they care about is winning.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
That PK miss by Kane was amazing.

In slo motion you could see the ball pop up in the air when Kane planted his left foot next to the ball, of course, it skied about 50 rows up.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
As for Sakho and Firmino, pretty simple.

Firmino is good and contributes to his team's success. Sakho is bad and does not.

:teach:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As for Sakho and Firmino, pretty simple.

Firmino is good and contributes to his team's success. Sakho is bad and does not.

:teach:

Where does the Sakho is bad and wasn't a major contributor narrative come from?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad