Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
o31zm0f.jpg

Ramsalot

Rergisterd Uhrser
Jan 17, 2013
Torpronto

Olli Pengkuinen?

We usually get destroyed in the Pitt, but dat streak, come on no way we don't end that bizzle! I heard from a reliable source that I can't guarantee wasn't myself that they're moving the Jets to the west because they know we would have ended Chicago's streak at 12 games. Even if we were the last place team in the league, we still win tomorrow.

...I'm not going to vbook anywhere near all in though :sarcasm:

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I want to believe the Jets can win the South East. I also want to believe the Jets can muster a win against Pittsburgh, but, the Pens are a bonafide Stanley Cup contender, especially if MAF has found his "A" game.

I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here thinking the Jets are going to be the "streakbusters". Given all the opportunities the 'Canes had last night that they couldn't bury, the Jets would be well advised to leave the run 'n gun in their pockets tomorrow and concentrate on not letting the Pens get set in the zone. Shots that went wide or were steered away last night are goals the Pens would be scoring. At the hands of the Penguins, the Jets would be roadkill if they try to play a game like last night's against Sid and the boys.

I think the Jets can get this done, but it won't be easy. But win tomorrow, and then against Carolina on Saturday, and the South East banner will be within 5 to 6 more wins away.

Holy crap - 5 or 6 more wins, and we're watching NHL Play-offs in Winnipeg for the first time in 17 years. I'm actually having trouble wrapping my head around that. The Jets of last year would be in a slump, losing 5 or 6 in a row, but I see this team having a little more fortitude. Plus, watching Jets 1.0 giving up the race so many times is making this whole scenario somewhat absurd - sort of the same way a Fellini film about hockey would be like.

I so want to believe - but I don't want to get burned again. Burned again like for the umpteenth time.

Do I fully jump aboard the bandwagon, or do I just loaf behind opportunistically until it's a certainty? Fudge - this team is so hard to get a read on.

Well, I think I'm going to go all in on vBookie tomorrow on the Jets. It should be long odds, and thus a nice payout should they pull off the upset.

Go Jets go. I'm expecting some heart attack inducing hockey over the next couple of games.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Pitt came off an emotional game against Montreal and could easily just overlook the jets. The only way the jets win is if the pens have a let down game.

Steve Durbano

Mar 27, 2011
Burbs of Bmore
Pitt came off an emotional game against Montreal and could easily just overlook the jets. The only way the jets win is if the pens have a let down game.

Not trolling guys, but the Pens looked like the living dead against the Habs. They played what I thought was their worst game in a month. Right now, things are going so luckily for them the Michael Ryder hit two posts and there were multiple easy chances that the Habs could not finish.

They're beatable, but if you give them one chance that you think is stopped............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad