Pre-Game Talk: Pregamin' chert Jerts @ Pernguirns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk 10m
Anthony Peluso, Jim Slater and James Wright are still a ways away from returning. #NHLJets

Hate that we are missing our entire 4th line. Nice that we have some bottom 6 depth though.

Slater and Wright are going to be huge for us before all is said and done. Just the kinds of guys you need heading into and in the playoffs.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Anthony Peluso, Jim Slater and James Wright are still a ways away from returning. #NHLJets

Hate that we are missing our entire 4th line. Nice that we have some bottom 6 depth though.

Slater and Wright are going to be huge for us before all is said and done. Just the kinds of guys you need heading into and in the playoffs.

Crap! I was missing Wright last night.

BTW, are these all hand injuries from fights? Odd.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach Noel audio from Pittsburgh

Coach-Noel-April-3-2012-300x166.jpg

Coach Noel - Update on injuries (Stuart is probable and/or possible, Wright – IR, Peluso – week-to-week, Slater – not on trip). Happy with the way they opened the game last night in Carolina? Would a trade impact team chemistry? Guarding against guys looking too far down the road? How do the Jets handle the Penguins? Has he done a lot differently since the Capitals losses? Is his strategy of resting players paying off?

To listen click here.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
I have a feeling the Jets are going to come out really physical against Pit, they can't run and gun like they did in some of the earlier games.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
They might give Pavelec a rest against the Islanders on Tuesday, if he starts this one.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
If all goes according to plan I would play Montoya 2 more times this year; the second half of back-to-backs on April 2nd against the Islanders and on April 23rd against the caps. This will give Pavalec 4 breaks of two days and 1 break of 4 days in April heading into the playoffs :yo:

The schedule is a lot lighter in April so I wouldn't worry about overworking Pavelec. A late season game against Washington will keep Montoya sharp in case we need him in a long playoff run.

By the way, my vCash will be heavy on the Jets tomorrow night. Anytime that they are an underdog you know the Jets are going to win:)

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
I'm going to throw this out there as a random prediction.

Jets win 4-3 in SO.

...and thats whether we play Pavs or Montoya.

Classic trap game for the Pens, they'll look past us.

Our big game is Saturday vs. Canes @home. We win that one, and its almost time to plan the parade! :handclap:

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
What exactly is "a ways"? Is any of them expected back earlier (ie. I'd assume Peluso out longer due to broken hand).

We need Wright back. BEAST MODE.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
What exactly is "a ways"? Is any of them expected back earlier (ie. I'd assume Peluso out longer due to broken hand).

We need Wright back. BEAST MODE.

He says Wright is on IR (roster move, doesn't mean a whole lot. Peluso is week to week and Slater did not make the trip)

That's about all you are going to get out of the Jets. :)

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace

That references comments made at Noel's morning presser today.

The other players remained in Winnipeg during the road trip so we can't expect any of them back until the team returns home this week, at the minimum.

Noel did additionally say that....

1. Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk 2h
    Media met with Claude Noel this morning at the team hotel in Pittsburgh. He said Mark Stuart is "possible" for tomorrow. #NHLJets

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm going to throw this out there as a random prediction.

Jets win 4-3 in SO.

...and thats whether we play Pavs or Montoya.

Classic trap game for the Pens, they'll look past us.

Our big game is Saturday vs. Canes @home. We win that one, and its almost time to plan the parade! :handclap:

If it goes to a shootout, our chances of winning drop by quite a bit unfortunately. Pavs is awesome, but man does he suck at shootouts!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
This will give Pavalec 4 breaks of two days and 1 break of 4 days in April heading into the playoffs :yIf all goes according to plan I would play Montoya 2 more times this year; the second half of back-to-backs on April 2nd against the Islanders and on April 23rd against the caps.o:

The schedule is a lot lighter in April so I wouldn't worry about overworking Pavelec. A late season game against Washington will keep Montoya sharp in case we need him in a long playoff run.

By the way, my vCash will be heavy on the Jets tomorrow night. Anytime that they are an underdog you know the Jets are going to win:)

Yea depending on how Pavs plays and how the race unfolds this is how I might see it playing out as well. I heard a few of the coach's being interviewed on XM satellite radio on the compressed schedule challenge of this lockout year and resulting wear and tear and a couple of the coach's were saying it is actually less taxing on the players this year because they are playing more games but practicing away less than normal via the mandatory days off and discretionary optional skates. He mentioned with less total games being played and away less practice time that many of the players preferred this rhythm to a normal 82 game grinding season.

Just saying so far Pavs has made 31 starts for the Jets with 14 games remaining if you give him 2 or 3 off he will finish up with 43 starts which isn't that bad (I know the schedule is compressed and he kind of played in Europe ;)) but throw in the fact the Jets don't travel between April 5th to the 21st and for my money I don't think we would be over working Pavs. I realize he seemed fried out late last year but that was 68 starts plus practice, plus preseason, at an NHL intensity so almost double the work load.

This year seems more like a sprint and my guess is that the boys are energized by being in the thick of a playoff race where we are controlling our own destiny with 14 games left.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
If it goes to a shootout, our chances of winning drop by quite a bit unfortunately. Pavs is awesome, but man does he suck at shootouts!

I'd say that against the Pens, our odds go down much greater in a shootout based on who is coming in to shoot.

Crosby, Malkin, Neal, even Letang could put it away. I don't think we could match their skill skating in at Pavs.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I'd say that against the Pens, our odds go down much greater in a shootout based on who is coming in to shoot.

Crosby, Malkin, Neal, even Letang could put it away. I don't think we could match their skill skating in at Pavs.

I don't know how much goal scroing Malkin and Letang can accomplish from the IR but point taken. :)

bazaaa*

Please play Montoya.
I'm perfectly fine losing this one if we're able to get Pavs rested for the Canes and another long stretch of games.

Good idea. But I can almost guarantee they won't think like that.

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
If Pavs is in tomorrow 2-0 Jets... Shutout for Mr. Pavs!

If Aldo Montoya is in tomorrow 3-2 Jets...

Following players will be in beast mode tomorrow: Kane, Ladd, Wheels and Burmi.

Ol4li_zpsb4e5a09b.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad