Pre-Game Talk: Pregamin' chert Jerts @ Pernguirns

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Letang is out put on IR today, don't know about Fleury... not that it matters.

the Jets are streak busters... so who never know haha

But even if the Jets lose, as long as they beat Carolina Saturday... this week is a success in my mind.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Gzq7V.jpg

DO IT BOYS!

Last edited:

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Please play Montoya.
I'm perfectly fine losing this one if we're able to get Pavs rested for the Canes and another long stretch of games.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Hopefully Stuart gets healthy and pushes Meech out of the lineup, then at long last the Jets can have all 6 dmen healthy. Maybe for more than just one shift this time.

Also, I think this might be a good game for Montoya to get the nod.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Please play Montoya.
I'm perfectly fine losing this one if we're able to get Pavs rested for the Canes and another long stretch of games.

Hopefully Stuart gets healthy and pushes Meech out of the lineup, then at long last the Jets can have all 6 dmen healthy. Maybe for more than just one shift this time.

Also, I think this might be a good game for Montoya to get the nod.

I agree 100%

I myself, feel this way as well.

Most people figure it's an uphill battle to win this one. Why not give Pav a night off against what couple easily be a Crosby onslaught.
Save him for a "more important" divisional game vs Carolina

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
AFAIC, Fleury's injury doesn't really make a huge difference. Vokoun is probably the best backup in the league, and has been stellar the last 2-3 weeks.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Agreed. The canes win is much more important and Pavs needs a game off

disagree. The jets aren't playing a back-to-back and Pavs does not look tired. Jets should try to win every game - not send the message that we expect to lose, therefore rest Pavs.

Montoya will start next week vs Isles.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
disagree. The jets aren't playing a back-to-back and Pavs does not look tired. Jets should try to win every game - not send the message that we expect to lose, therefore rest Pavs.

Montoya will start next week vs Isles.

Lose the battle not the war.
Pavs doesn't look tired, until he does and we lose AND have to start Montoya the next game.
Proactive, not reactive.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I second the play Pavelec notion. If we end up having to play Montoya in a big game because Pavelec is gassed down the road I'm fine with that.

If Montoya starts at Pittsburgh that's okay too. He's been reliable every game he's started so far. Best chance is with Pavelec to beat the Pens - that's all that should matter until Friday morning.

Ulf Hullberg

Nov 6, 2011
Winnipeg
Fleury (who has been very hot of late) is questionable with a sore neck.
Letang has been put on the IR with a broken toe.
Malkin is day to day.
Depres was called up.

I say take advantage of the weakened Pens lineup and play Pavs to go after the 2 pts.

Then, if the Jets beat the Canes at MTS on Saturday, they will be sitting quite comfortably in 1st and can give Pavs a break, and Montoya some much needed game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad